Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

Timu from Rakiura  

RSS
Manawa_Timu_Ngaati_Kahungunu
(@manawa_timu_ngaati_kahungunu)

Kia ora

Edited by - manawa on Sep 09 2007 01:29:31 AM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06 March, 2006 9:39 pm

Opps, i have the dates wrong again.

timu was born in 1810,and died in the early 1900's and is burried in Otautau Cemetery.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13 March, 2006 3:08 pm
evanmary
(@evanmary)

Hi Manawa, I am a direct descendant of John Lee and sarah timu and have been reading your postings on this site with considerable interest.

Evan

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13 November, 2007 8:44 pm

Tena koe Evan

Are you from Ethel Williamson?
I'm also a direct decendent,Through my Great grandfather Albert Williamson brother if Ethel.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13 November, 2007 8:53 pm
pepe OWC
(@pepe-owc)

Kiaora, Evan.
There are some references to your tipuna in a book by Atholl Anderson called "Race Against Time". It may be in the local library or otherwise you can interloan it by asking at the desk. There are other books available in the library re Rakiura and you may get further info. Check out both the Maori section & the general section for these and don't be scared to ask them at the desk for help to find them, they are usually very helpful. Good luck. I know your search into your whakapapa will take you on an ongoing and fascinating journey.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14 November, 2007 3:21 pm
Share: