Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

Wiremu Karena/Waioira Pare Rahi  

Page 1 / 2 Next
  RSS
Manawa_Timu_Ngaati_Kahungunu
(@manawa_timu_ngaati_kahungunu)

Kia ora Koutou

I'm am looking for any information on my great Grandparents,
Wiremu Paikimana karena born 15 april 1905 in Te tii,Nga Puhi decent,
and My G grandmother Waioira Pare Rahi, born 1st january 1915 Ruatoki,Ngai Tuhoe Decent.

Tuhoe,
Ko rewarewa te Marae
Ko Te hurehure te hapu
Ko Ngai Tuhoe Te iwi

Ngapuhi,
Ko Ngati Rehia te hapu
Ko Nga Puhi te Marae.

Any information would be greatly appreciated

Kia ora!!!!!

AE!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18 May, 2006 1:55 pm
kewcon OWC
(@kewcon-owc)

My father is Eru Karena, his father & yr GGrandfather were brothers my father lives at Nga Puna Wai O Kaipara in Rawhiti Bay of Islands
Kewcon

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24 May, 2006 1:45 am

Tena koe Kew

thanks for the reply,I'm Manawa Kerr,my father is Peter kerr, grandson of Wiremu Karena,I was wondering iff you have any of the Whakapapa of the Karena whanau>? or if you can put me intouch with anyone who dose?.even just the name of our Marae that the Karena whanau belong to..

Any information at all would be fantastic:-)

Kia ora koe again for that little piece of info 🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25 May, 2006 3:27 am
hohaia2 OWC
(@hohaia2-owc)
Eminent Member

Tena koe Manawa,
I am able to trace Karena Puhi back to Rehia [eponymous ancestor of Ngati Rehia], and his wife, Makereta. This is uncle Eddie Garland's [Eruera Karena] tupuna.
Email me for the whakapapa.

Na Hohaia.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25 May, 2006 11:09 am

Tena koe Hohaia,

Thanks for the reply,I was wondering how the Garland name came into it,my father has lived in dunedin most of his adult life so he doesnt really know much about the whanau whakapapa but was whakai to his grandparents Wiremu and Waioira,
So any info you could give me would be Fantastic!I tried e-mail you but the e-mail kept comming back so if you could e-mail me on manawa1282@hotmail.com that would be great

Kia ora Koe

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26 May, 2006 3:59 am
hohaia2 OWC
(@hohaia2-owc)
Eminent Member

Kia ora ano Manawa,

Puhi Karena is the son of Puhi, and Puhi is a brother to Hohaia Parata Waikato [Chief Waikato] whom was a travelling companion with Hongi Hika when he went to England.
Karena being the maori name of Garland.
Puhi Karena's son, Eruera Karena married a Maraea Rurawhe [Rudolph]. Is this the line your looking for?
Email me at: hohaia2@kol.co.nz

Heoi oti...

Hohaia.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26 May, 2006 4:42 am
kewcon OWC
(@kewcon-owc)

Kia ora Manawa, aroha mai, i have been tied up and unable to email you again. My father is Eruera Puhi Karena, when his father Pita Karena was a schoolboy the teacher was of german extraction, she could not pronounce our name Karena correctly she called him Peter Karlan, that is how we got the name Garland. My grandfather told me this during the 1960's. Karena is the maori name for Collin/s. Our tupuna Karena Puhi married Makarita Te Pakira at Kerikeri, Makarita is the daughter of Hori Kemara te Pakira chief of Ngati Rehia. Karena Puhi & Makarita's son Eruera Karena married Kahurauta Hona Weka, their children included, Miraka, Wiremu Paikimana, Totorewa, Pita (my g/dad)and 4 more. One of Wiremu Paikimana's son's, Uncle Wati is living in Wellington. The marae at Te Tii is called Whitiora.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08 June, 2006 1:32 am

Tena Koe Kew,
Kia ora Koe soo much for your help!i really appreciate it :pit is my brothers 21'st birthday this weekendand my father will be down from mosgiel,and i'm sure he will be really pleased to see this as he knows nothing!..so again thank you from all my whanau!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09 June, 2006 3:20 am
kewcon OWC
(@kewcon-owc)

Kia ora Manawa, Ko Katariana Waititi ahau.
I am happy to help with any questions you have re our Karena whakapapa, our tipuna would expect no less - please email me,
kew-consulting@xtra.co.nz. I spent many years with my grandfather and alot was learned and treasured - Na Kat

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14 June, 2006 7:24 pm

Tena koe Kew

Sorry for the late repy i have been up in auckland for a bit., thanks heaps for your help and i will be sure to e-mail you with heaps of questions reguarding the Karena Whanau!.

Kia ora Koe

Na Manawa..

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14 July, 2006 3:03 pm
Raniera OWC
(@raniera-owc)

Tena koe Manawa ara tena koutou katoa!

I just came across your posting Manawa about Wiremu Paikimana and Waioira Rahi. I to am from Whitiora marae, Te Tii and relent to the parangi and Heihei whanau. Katariana, are you able to help me in the correction to Te Hira Karena and Waiwera? We went to visit Uncle Te Wati four years and he knew my grandparents quite well. As they lived in the nikau pa, as it was called in those days. I just want to check with you Katariana, uncle Te Wati brother is Te Rauna who passed away a two or three years ago, who married Aunty Moewai?

Ataahua katoa nga korero kua reti ahau!!
Naku noa, na
Raniera

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20 October, 2006 6:01 pm
nedmonds OWC
(@nedmonds-owc)

Kia ora whanau,
Ki tenei wa, nga mihi atu ki a koe. Would just like to say I am of Ngati Rehia descent too but from the Parangi Heihei side. My name is Niki Edmonds and my great grand mother was Maata Kaare Parangi. I too would be interested in any whanau whakapapa to this side of the Parangi Heihei whanau.
I look forward to any information you might have.
na te aroha
Niki

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25 November, 2006 6:28 am
Raniera OWC
(@raniera-owc)

Tena koe Niki Edmonds,

I think I know this line, but I must first check.
Do you have any other information on hand. I think she is closely related to the kaumatua Arena Parangi (Ngawati).

Are you able to email me your address?
Naku noa, na
Raniera Kingi

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30 November, 2006 4:11 pm
narenmieke OWC
(@narenmieke-owc)

Kia korua Niki raua ko Raniera.
Maata kaare, Arena Parangi(M), Koiuru Kapa (F), Miri Munroe (F), Mina Wiki(F) just to name a few are all brothers and sisters. Arena Parangi was the head of family and one of the great orators of the north. Their parents were Ngawati and Wirihita Parangi.
Ngawati's parents are Aperahama and kare

My Grandmother was Koiuru Kapa (nee Parangi) and I remember as a child when your grandmother Maata Kaare was alive and watching at familiy hui's when all the great Aunties used to play cards in the wharehui at Te Tii.

Heoi ano
te mihinga o te tau hau ki a korua
Na Henare Kapa

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08 January, 2007 3:29 pm
Raniera OWC
(@raniera-owc)

Tena koe e Henare,

Nga mihi o te tau hou kia koe. Ae marika!
He tika katoa to korero, he patai taaku?

Are you Matua Ray Kapa son? If so I know of your whanau.Your grandfather must of been Horomona P. Kapa. Both your grandparents were key people in the church. My grandparents were Te Raiti and Wepiha Kingi who lived in the Nikau Pa.

Naku noa, na
Raniera Kingi

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09 January, 2007 11:51 am
Page 1 / 2 Next
Share: