Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

ALBERT, Paul (Paora)  

RSS
Kapi Whenuaroa
(@kapi-whenuaroa)

Kia Ora koutou

I am looking for the lines of my grandfather, Paul Albert from Ruatoria who married Tiaho Whenuaroa of Ratana Pa, Taihape, Hastings. They had 11 Children together, he passed away young, I think he may have been in his early 40s or late 30s. He was keen and skilled shearer and had a shearing gang (not that i know much about sheep!).

They both (my grandparents)lived in Wanganui out in castlecliff, Ive learnt that his children did go to Ruatoria at times. I believe his mothers name was Ann or Ani?? and worked at a school there. But has long time ago passed away.... as to my granfather who would be around 70-75years old.

Anyway Im just looking for infor on the whakapapa f him, as my family dont actually know much about there dads side, and dont really get into things Maori like whakapapa etc.

Id like to know as I have 2 children who are learning there Nga Puhi side, and Ngati Tuwharetoa side, I would like them to know or have knowledge of there Great Granfathers Whakapapa too.

So if ya got any information then please dont hesitate to drop us a line.

Che Bros

Edited by - Kapi Whenuaroa on Jan 21 2008 11:08:38 AM

Posted : 27 May, 2005 1:41 pm
Hinewai OWC
(@hinewai-owc)

quote:

Kia Ora Koutou,
My Grandfathers Name is Paul Albert otherwise known as Paora. We dont know much about him other then the fact he came from Ruatoria, and was Ngati Porou. He married my Grandmother and had 11 children her name was Tiaho Whenuaroa . Im not sure whether or not he had much to do with his whanau in Ruatoria as they apparently did not attend his tangi when he passed away in 1974, maybe there were issues - i dont know. He passed away young and would be around 70 if he were still alive today. He and his kids were known for shearing, he was a shearing contractor back in those days and apparently a pretty good one. He lived in Wanganui out in Castlecliff. If anyone knows of this man whether you be a niece/nephew/cousin/mate what ever, I dont care, I would appreciate any leads you may have as I am hoping to track my whakapapa down on My Koro's side.

My ex partner is an Albert and his granfather Boyd Albert is from the same place as your grandfather. They also have whanau in Kaikohe, and further up north. Boyd is still alive, and could possibly be some help to you, if not Boyd then his daughter Maryanne, as she is also trying to track back there whakapapa

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27 May, 2005 3:08 pm
Kapi Whenuaroa
(@kapi-whenuaroa)

Thanks for that, I do know a few Alberts up near Kaikohe as I live not far from them, but I know them through my mahi I do, Please tell me who up here should I contact, I know that there are 2 albert familys up north and they are not related to each other.
Kia Ora

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27 May, 2005 3:56 pm
Kapi Whenuaroa
(@kapi-whenuaroa)

I have just learned that he had a brother named Tom Albert who recently passed away, a sister Mary Porter, and im not sure of the spelling of the other sibbling "Sartel" apparently all deceased, any of the names of the children of the above will be a great help, THANK YOU ALL

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27 May, 2005 4:26 pm
glstrongman OWC
(@glstrongman-owc)

kia ora kapi your grandfather actually married my aunty tiaho now she has a sister at ratana pa and her name is lady-rose she could be able to help you there and yes he was a great shearer even your uncles micky and peterboy they followed in there fathers footsteps.You have a uncle in auckland james whenuaroa and auntys who are belinda,megan,whetu,plus an uncle he is still living in wanganui his name is shane haapu he and belinda were adopted i will see him tomorrow and i will mention it to him and he could possibly be the one to help you out

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26 June, 2005 5:12 am
Billi Jo Morgan OWC
(@billi-jo-morgan-owc)

Kia Ora, some of the Albert whanau that i know of, live down Otukau, in Taumarunui. my gfather was the late Jock Morgan, he married my gmother the late, Nancy. the only way i can help u to find out more is by my aunty sylvia as her and her tane live there now.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14 February, 2006 6:53 pm
Share: