Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

Amelia TE RORE  

RSS
Kara Te Rore OWC
(@kara-te-rore-owc)

Im trying to find out more about my grandmother Amelia Te Rore. All i know is she had 5 children. 4 boys and 1 girls. her boys names are: Whata, John, Hui, and Phillip and her girls name is Agnus. She's from Rangi Point.
That's all i know about her but i would like to know more if anyone has any information about her or her whanau.

Posted : 20 April, 2006 11:58 pm
hohaia2 OWC
(@hohaia2-owc)
Eminent Member

Kia ora Kara,

I knew your grandmother back in the early 80's, and her children that you've mentioned. I had a relationship with Whata's daughter back then which lasted 3 or 4 years.
Your grandmother had a house up at Maunu [on your way out of Whangarei heading towards Dargaville], and I think it was their homestead as it was quite old. Myself and Amelia's grand-daughter would visit on her when we were passing through Whangarei. I think your grandmother would have passed away by now as she was in her old age at the time I knew her.
I still regularly see Hughie's daughter, Marama in Whangarei and I think she still works at the Woolworth supermarket there. Hughie lives in Australia now. I know John has passed away. Whata was involved in a construction site accident in Australia where he was residing, and died as a result of that. And it was Phil and his wife, Mere that I had a close relationship with even after my relationship with Whata's daughter had ended. I know Amelia was from Rangi Point and Mitimiti up there in the beautiful Hokianga area.
I don't know what happened to Aggie, but she was living in Whangarei at the time I knew this whanau.
I hope I've been of some help to you Kara, but Marama would be the contact for you in finding out more about your grandmother.
God Bless!

na Hohaia [Joe] Hakaraia.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21 April, 2006 11:40 am
Kara Te Rore OWC
(@kara-te-rore-owc)

hello hohaia2
Yes you are rite about what you were sayn. My Gran nanny has passed she passed a few years back the same with Uncle John. Aunty marama is still working at woolworths i don't think she will ever leave dat place. lol. Yes the house in maunu is our home stead. my mum is now living there. but the family is trying to sell it. so did you use to go with aunty lola? do you no my mum Josephine?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21 April, 2006 11:47 pm
hohaia2 OWC
(@hohaia2-owc)
Eminent Member

Kia ora Kara,

It was Lola's sister that I had the relationship with. I bump into Shane once in awhile when I'm in Whangarei. I knew your mum Josepine briefly. I think I met her at a night-club in Otahuhu she used to hang out at.
I know Aaron passed away a few years back.
Those were fond years that I had with your aunty Oriana.
Your mum may remember me, although it was over 20 years ago. Your whanau knew me as Joe.
So your grandmother is Aggie?
She was staying at Onerahi at one part there.
I truly have fond memories of your whanau, and when I see your aunty Marama, we sometimes reminisce on those days. Marama's hubby Paul is a great guy also.
Well all the best Kara.

Arohanui ki a koe!

Hohaia [Joe].

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22 April, 2006 12:15 am
hinemako OWC
(@hinemako-owc)

AWWWWWW Hell Hohaia,
lols did you go with my ex sis in law Oriana Damm that would have been before my brother oh ahh sorry Kara, lols thats how I knew Aaron we remained close up until his death in 91, as for Oriana she had two kids to my brother Jasmin and Te Whata James anyway yea thats how I knew him

Naaku na
Hinemako

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23 April, 2006 6:56 pm
Kara Te Rore OWC
(@kara-te-rore-owc)

Hello hohaia2
yes Aggie is my nan. I havent seen oriana for years i can't even remember wot she looks like. i fink i havent seen her since i was little. But all i know about her is dat she is a really kool lady. My mum still cz her. Oriana is the only 1 backing up my mum. so my family home stead doesnt get sold. i really thank her for that. My nanny aggie stays up in rangi point on my grand mothers land shes got a cavavan up there.

Thanks for the reply hohaia,

Kara Te Rore.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23 April, 2006 8:13 pm
Kara Te Rore OWC
(@kara-te-rore-owc)

Hi hinemako,
Thanks for your reply. Not to sound nozy but is your brova still goin with my aunty? i just want to know so i can thank her for what shes doing to keep my family home stead wea it is.

Kara Te Rore

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23 April, 2006 8:20 pm
hinemako OWC
(@hinemako-owc)

Kia ora Kara no but i can get a message to her thru her daughter (my neice) Oriana (ana) is living in Aucks now and is getting married to a guy named Dave and is hapu again

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29 April, 2006 1:21 pm
electria2000 OWC
(@electria2000-owc)

Kara you may not remember me but i remember you .I have read what every one has written about their memorys etc and I would like to say i remember all of what they have written.

Kara I do not know why you dont just ask your mother??
I suggest that if you wan't to or would like to find out more information about your great grandmother you really should go and ask your mother.

Apart from that Nanny had 5 boys and 1 girl.

Edited by - electria2000 on Oct 03 2006 5:06:46 PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25 September, 2006 12:03 am
Edster OWC
(@edster-owc)

howdy

I grew up next to Hughie (and Lil) and Marama, Richard and Marina. I remember their cousins Josephine and a couple of others (names escape me for the moment). Oriana lived with them for a while - she burnt down their house (accidentally) - seemed a hoot at the time. This was back in the 70's-80's (when skating was cool). LOL! I remember when Whata died (bulldozer on a building site - saw his grave at Rocklands (?) when my uncle also died in Australia), and heard about John and have vague memories of their aunty Aggie. Haven't seen Richard for probably almost 20 years now, Marama and Marina even longer. But still remember Marama's birthday is June 10th - jeez - she must be knocking on 40 now!! If you see her tell her Edwina says "Hi!". My mother sees her occasionally in Whangarei.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10 October, 2006 6:24 pm
Scarlett OWC
(@scarlett-owc)

Kia ora to you all
What a lot of news! Oriana isn't hapu tho I'm sure Dave would like her to be! She was at a meeting at Waikaraka marae Kaihu yesterday. The whanau of Waikaraka is still waiting for a headstone to go on Aaron after these many many years.
Amelia's mother was a Tipene ( stevens)? from Rangi Point. Her father(Hune) was a Te Rore Taoho from Waimamaku/Waipoua/Kaihu/Dargaville.His iwi was Te Roroa. He was a first cousin to her husband Tonoora. Tonooras father was Enoka who was a brother to her grandfather Raniera Te Rore Taoho.
Its a mix up but its fact!
Hughie Te Rore has volunteered to represent Tonooras descendants on the Waikaraka marae Trust Board.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25 March, 2007 3:03 pm
Scarlett OWC
(@scarlett-owc)

To Kara and any other Te Rore whanau. We at Waikaraka marae in Kaihu want to keep our whakapapa up to date.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10 April, 2007 8:03 pm
Scarlett OWC
(@scarlett-owc)

Sorry Kara, that last email went before I finished.
Any of the Te Rore descendants, can email me at moe@ihug.co.nz if you want to get your self, your tamariki, or your mokopuna on the whakapapa.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10 April, 2007 8:07 pm
Share: