Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

Finding the Unclaimed Maori Land Money List  

RSS
iraboyd@hotmail.com OWC
(@iraboydhotmail-com-owc)
Eminent Member

Morena koutou,
The path to finding the unclaimed maori land money list is as follows:

www.tpk.govt.nz/about/structure/mto/unclaimed_list06.pdf

It takes a while to download becos there are 140 pages, so perservere it could be worthwhile. Sometimes it will work and other times it won't but still perservere..

Hope this is of help whanau.

Noho ora mai
Ko Ira ahau

Edited by - iraboyd@hotmail.com on Nov 11 2006 1:08:08 PM

Posted : 20 September, 2006 6:42 am
TeRopata
(@teropata)

Firstly cuz, thanks heaps for your mahi here and secondly do you have a listing for Martha Te Mata George (nee Ratu) late of Pohara and Mangatautari. Still trying to download this list (hoha)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18 January, 2007 7:51 pm
Ira OWC
(@ira-owc)
Eminent Member

quote:

Firstly cuz, thanks heaps for your mahi here and secondly do you have a listing for Martha Te Mata George (nee Ratu) late of Pohara and Mangatautari. Still trying to download this list (hoha)

Kapai, hope you got something out of it!

As for the downloading, ai,hoha sounds nice, I would have used a different word myself, but we won't go there?

Will get back to you on your tupuna.

Arohamai.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20 January, 2007 6:18 pm
Ira OWC
(@ira-owc)
Eminent Member

quote:

Kia ora Te Whatoro,

As requested: Has nan passed on or is she still with us? If she has passed on then you and your whanau need to succeed to her land shares.
If nan is still with us (i am assuming this is your nan), enjoy her while you got her.

You searched for: Martha Te Mata George
7 block(s) found.
http://www.maorilandonline.govt.nz/mlol/searchresults.jsp?firstName=martha+temata&lastName=george&submitOwner=Search&trustName=&blockName=&district=

You searched for: Martha George (same as the above).
7 block(s) found.
http://www.maorilandonline.govt.nz/mlol/searchresults.jsp?firstName=Martha&lastName=george&submitOwner=Search&trustName=&blockName=&district=

You searched for: te mata george - No data found.

You searched for: te mata ratu - No data found.

You searched for: martha ratu - No data found.

You searched for: pohara ratu - No data found.

You searched for: mangatautari ratu - No data found.

Unclaimed land monies for RATU whanau.
Aotea - 1704127-00 - Te Amo Ratu - $1,172.52

Unclaimed land monies for GEORGE whanau.
Tairawhiti - 1306543-00 - Rangimaewa George - $491.13.
Waikato-Maniapoto - 1465961-00 - Basil Pahara George Whanau Trust - $936.20.
Taitokerau - 1851257-00 - Basil Pahara George Whanau Trust - $606.47.

Sorry again!
Arohamai.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20 January, 2007 7:17 pm
TeRopata
(@teropata)

kia ora kare,kua mate ia i te tau 2002, engari he mihi ano mo te awhi.

Tino reka rawa atu!

T

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21 January, 2007 8:06 pm
Mez OWC
(@mez-owc)

Hey hello just thought i wud say that this is so much help for us maori's and i would like to thank you for making this website!!!!THANKYOU!!! Now i have a question but i don't know if you are able to answer it. Every time we want to view the list it asks us if we want to open it, save it, or cancel it! What do we do from there to view the list? We saved it but we don't have adobe to view it so it comes up in decocing how can we view the list please!

Edited by - Mez on Jan 22 2007 6:46:38 PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22 January, 2007 6:44 pm
Ira OWC
(@ira-owc)
Eminent Member

quote:

Hey hello just thought i wud say that this is so much help for us maori's and i would like to thank you for making this website!!!!THANKYOU!!! Now i have a question but i don't know if you are able to answer it. Every time we want to view the list it asks us if we want to open it, save it, or cancel it! What do we do from there to view the list? We saved it but we don't have adobe to view it so it comes up in decocing how can we view the list please!

Edited by - Mez on Jan 22 2007 6:46:38 PM

Kia ora Mez,

Hey hello just thought i wud say that this is so much help for us maori's and i would like to thank you for making this website!!!!THANKYOU!!!

COMMENT: Nah! Thanks to all of us for our positive contribution towards each others whanau, for our children, our mokopuna and for Maoridom as a whole. Kia ora whanau. Ka pai to mahi.

Now i have a question but i don't know if you are able to answer it. Every time we want to view the list it asks us if we want to open it, save it, or cancel it! What do we do from there to view the list? We saved it but we don't have adobe to view it so it comes up in decocing how can we view the list please!

COMMENT: No, sorry got no idea about this acrobat adobe stuff, it just confuses me. It’s like the russian language to me, No comprehendo! Or is that italian.

I got this from Maori Land Court website. I don’t know how it works, but maybe someone on line can help to see if this is the right porgram or what?

Maori Land Court on line, Adobe Acrobat. This is the website and the Acrobat Adobe is on this page (I hope)?
http://www.courts.govt.nz/maorilandcourt/booklets.htm
To download a free version of Acrobat Reader click here.

Let us know what happens if you decide to download it.

Hope this helps.
Arohamai.

Edited by - Ira on Jan 22 2007 9:30:31 PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22 January, 2007 9:26 pm
Te Paetahi OWC
(@te-paetahi-owc)

quote:

Morena koutou,

It takes a while to download becos there are 140 pages, so perservere it could be worthwhile. Sometimes it will work and other times it won't but still perservere..

Noho ora mai
Ko Ira ahau

Edited by - iraboyd@hotmail.com on Nov 11 2006 1:08:08 PM

Just a comment on unclaimed money. I know of some instances where land was compulsorily taken under the Public Works Act from Maori owners. Compensation was assessed and paid into accounts in the names of the owners. However, they wouldn't touch the money because they felt it would have indicated they agreed with their land being taken. In relative terms, it was a substantial sum and given the number of years that have rolled by, with interest, the amount has increased. Yet the money still sits in those accounts unclaimed. In most cases, the original owners are now dead. Given our mobility (most of us don't live in our wa kainga now days) and an associated mataotao with our roots and history, I suspect that some of these moneys will be succeeded to by uri of the owners unaware of the underlying history. It would be good if you could add a rider to your panui on succession to unclaimed money suggesting owners do a little more digging before taking any action. I know many will go for the dollar without looking but others may be more staunch to the kaupapa of their tipuna.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24 January, 2007 11:22 am
Ira OWC
(@ira-owc)
Eminent Member

quote:

Morena koutou,

Noho ora mai
Ko Ira ahau

Just a comment on unclaimed money. I know of some instances where land was compulsorily taken under the Public Works Act from Maori owners. Compensation was assessed and paid into accounts in the names of the owners. However, they wouldn't touch the money because they felt it would have indicated they agreed with their land being taken. In relative terms, it was a substantial sum and given the number of years that have rolled by, with interest, the amount has increased. Yet the money still sits in those accounts unclaimed. In most cases, the original owners are now dead. Given our mobility (most of us don't live in our wa kainga now days) and an associated mataotao with our roots and history, I suspect that some of these moneys will be succeeded to by uri of the owners unaware of the underlying history. It would be good if you could add a rider to your panui on succession to unclaimed money suggesting owners do a little more digging before taking any action. I know many will go for the dollar without looking but others may be more staunch to the kaupapa of their tipuna.
[/quote]
Kia ora Te Paetahi,

TE PAETAHI: I know of some instances where land was compulsorily taken under the Public Works Act from Maori owners.

IRA: And they are still using the Public Works Act today to try and take maori land. I mean to say we only got 5% of maori land compared to 100% before the europeans/pakeha’s what ever they like to call themselves (maybe thieves are just a bit to harsher word to use) before their arrival.

I am also very worried about the rates that are owed on maori freehold land. It is a pakeha concept of payment. But they got to remember they in our TURANGAWAEWAE, we not in theirs, thank goodness. Yet they have taken over our country and we now, have to abide by their ‘bull’ policies. And the policies are there for their protection, not ours, as we all know?

But one thing good about today is that maori are just not putting up with any more ‘bull’ from the pakeha policies! I was watching the news the other nite and I was elated when I saw those Maori chopping down the tree to block access on the road. I thought, yeah bout time, this kind of action is what needs to be done to make it clear to the pakeha that we are not going to put up with their bull any longer. ‘Enough is Enough’. I tautoko them 1000000%. Because that’s what type of action, we as maori, have to take. RADICAL ACTION! And if we are made to look bad then who the hell cares. I know our grandchildren would care if we did nothing, cos then they would have NO TURANGAWAEWAE/WA KAINGA, and that doesn’t appeal to me at all.

We need a REALLY STRONG MAORI PARTY? A party that will protect the rights of our future mokopuna, a party that will protect our people, a party that will protect our land, a party that will protect maoridom as a whole. To date we haven’t had such a party and I am loosing faith in the people that have gone into parliament on our behalf.

TE PAETAHI: Compensation was assessed and paid into accounts in the names of the owners. However, they wouldn't touch the money because they felt it would have indicated they agreed with their land being taken. In relative terms, it was a substantial sum and given the number of years that have rolled by, with interest, the amount has increased. Yet the money still sits in those accounts unclaimed.

IRA: Would you have a possible solution for this issue. So, are those big monies that I am posting, could they be part of the compensation, somehow I feel your answer could be YES? I have checked the big ($) postings and none appear (as yet) to be compensation money, however I could be wrong. Hmmm, going to have to do a more thorough check on this as per your suggestion. Thanks! Another possible solution would be to use that money to purchase land close to their wa kainga.

TE PAETAHI: In most cases, the original owners are now dead. Given our mobility (most of us don't live in our wa kainga now days) and an associated mataotao with our roots and history, I suspect that some of these moneys will be succeeded to by uri of the owners unaware of the underlying history. It would be good if you could add a rider to your panui on succession to unclaimed money suggesting owners do a little more digging before taking any action.

IRA: Think that is a great idea. But how long will the money have to sit there before action is taken. OK, bad deeds were done to our whanau back then but how do we make the most of that money that belongs to our whanau NOW! Any ideas/solutions would be most appreciative. My first thought is, ok, they STOLE our land, so HOW do we turn a negative situation into a POSITIVE one so that the whanau will benefit the most from the negative aspect of our land stealing/grabbing. We can’t fix the past but we can damn well make sure it doesn’t happen in the future and it’s not about our future it is about the future of our moko’s. My personal suggestion would be to purchase land with the money that was given to maori for the taking of maori land because the pakeha aren’t going to give it back. NO WAY!

TE PAETAHI: I know many will go for the dollar without looking but others may be more staunch to the kaupapa of their tipuna.

IRA: I feel that if whanau do take the money and the money is used to purchase land, which was the reason this money was given because of the taking/stealing of land, do you think our tupuna would mind their whanau doing that. But then, how many will actually do that, I mean, purchase land? Hmmm.

Really enjoyed your korero and thanks for making me aware of this issue. It is very much appreciated. Will inform whanau if the money is compensation money. Once again, THANKS!

I really feel that this should be a new posting so that whanau can have a read and decide on what they need to do for the best interest of our mokopuna, as it is all about our MOKOPUNA now!

Lets turn a negative situation into a POSITIVE one.

Arohamai Te Paetahi and whanau.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25 January, 2007 7:28 am
JacksonHawea13
(@jacksonhawea13)

Kia ora 

Is there a updated link to this unclaimed list please 

Does anyone have any info on my grandfather Clarence Hawea looking for info on his land 

Thank you 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01 April, 2019 10:40 pm
Share: