Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

Kuri  

RSS
stubbornforgey OWC
(@stubbornforgey-owc)

Looking for any body who knows the surname.
In the olden days some of the members changed thier names to Lauder.
Please e mail me .
Kataraina8@hotmail.com
kia ora

Posted : 10 May, 2006 6:25 pm
stubbornforgey OWC
(@stubbornforgey-owc)

Sam..kia ora e hoa..
I have replied to your e mail...
Thank you once again for the help..
I will wait to hear from you and discuss this with
my husband before carrying on...
hopefully we can make contact.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01 June, 2006 6:07 pm
Alandia OWC
(@alandia-owc)

Kia Ora,
What was it that you are trying to find out. My husbands whanau are Kuri's from Otaua, there is also HeremaiaKuri,Heremaia,Kuri who are the one and the same but have decided to take on just the part of the name they wanted. Heremaia Kuri had a brother Kupa Kuri hence the last name Kupa Kuri.

Cheers.Alandia

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06 November, 2006 10:03 pm
kahuna OWC
(@kahuna-owc)

Kia ora to you both

I am very interested in finding out the same as Stubbornforgey.

My connection is and I know nothing of anything besides my real mother is Huhana Kuri (Lauder). I know mum used or went under the name Lauder. Her father is Paihana Kuri and mother Huhana Aperahana Kuri maiden name Eru.

My mum married Wiremu Ururoa Kainamu.

I heard that mum family consisted of 15 brothers and sisters but cannot be sure as I know really nothing. I would appreciate any help please.

I myself was born in Rangihamama Street, Kaikohe.

Bella Pera Tipene email me beltu@ihug.co.nz

Arohanui whanau.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30 November, 2006 3:49 am
LEEANNE OWC
(@leeanne-owc)

Kia Ora, my husbands best mate is a Lauder from Mangakahia rd in Kaikohe. His fathers last name is Kuri. I will check out what his fathers name actually is and post it.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 April, 2007 6:10 pm
maniapoto OWC
(@maniapoto-owc)

F.Y.I. Heremaia Kuri did not have a brother called Kupa Kuri.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 July, 2007 4:48 pm
kathleen.waru
(@kathleen-waru)

kia ora 

my name is kathleen waru maiden name lauder my grandfather is mene whare paihana kuri he is paihana kuri's son our homestead is down mangakahia road what i no is that paihana is buried in the jungle well what they called the jungle I'm not sure where it is exactly but I'm trying to find our heritage and how it came about to have the lauder name my dad who is the oldest son is waata lauder but on one of his birth certs its kuri I would love to connect the dots to whanau who may no for my whakapapa as my papa was a hard man to talk to when it came to whanau and whakapapa even though we were very close 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30 December, 2018 6:40 pm
Harry Paihana
(@harry-paihana)

https://www.facebook.com/jon.hohaia thats the guy i suggest you chat with

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16 March, 2019 12:31 pm
Harry Paihana
(@harry-paihana)

As you said  my dad Wehi Gilbert Paihana is also very difficult to talk to about my whakapapa ,  he is Mene Whare Paihana Kuri brother . And as I understand it Paihana Heramaia Kuri..in his day had an awesome singing voice very similar to a tenor singer to star on radio called Harry Lauder...hence the name stuck . My dad swapped his dads christian  to be his last (cause that was a thing back then) hence my surname now being Paihana and my christian name ending up as being the Scottish singers First name as well..........confused yet this took me 49 years to work out......

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16 March, 2019 12:50 pm
Share: