Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

MITAI  

Page 2 / 2
  RSS
danielh115 OWC
(@danielh115-owc)

Tena koe, Ko Daniel Higgins toku ingoa.
I was born and raised in Murupara. Uncle Joe Mitai lived in Murupara. I am sure that Francis, Serena and James still live there.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08 November, 2006 7:48 pm
thanks OWC
(@thanks-owc)

Hi There

I am from Taumarunui. My Grandfathers name is Arthur Thurston. I noticed on your post your grandmother is Pansy Cora Thurston do you know if she had and brothers or sisters.

thanks Sara

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16 November, 2007 1:04 pm
Maumoana OWC
(@maumoana-owc)

Herewini Hoera Tere and Mitai Hoera Tere were brothers.
But the families took Herewini and Mitai for their surnames.
They are of Ngai Tamahaua in Opape, Opotiki.
Wi Herewini who died in 1988 aged 102 is my grandfather on my Mums side.
Hoe this is of some help.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15 February, 2008 1:47 pm
swimming15 OWC
(@swimming15-owc)

Hi does anyone know where William Ishmael Mitai lives? I am his grandaughter and have never met him. I actually started this Mitai line here under Swimming14. In that time I have found out his name and now need to know where he lives.

I am at present living in Australia which makes it difficult for me to have access to records to find him. I hope someone can help me.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09 March, 2008 5:20 pm
te phantom
(@te-phantom)

Kia ora Swimming15

MITAI William Ishmael 65157, on the 28th Maori Battalion Nominal Roll.
http://28bn.homestead.com/roll3.html

Obviously, when they returned to NZ, it would have been in the mid-'40s.

I sent away for my grandfather's service records (not a MITAI koro though). My Koro was in the Navy and Army, so I got some incite into where he served and what ships he was on, etc. It did cost some money though (can't remember how much).

I can't remember where I sent away to, but I had to supply some whakapapa.

You could try asking the webmaster at the Maori Battalion site for advice on how to get your koro's service records.

BTW, my great grandmother was a MITAI from Helensville.

Sorry that I wasn't any help. Good luck.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23 March, 2008 11:43 am
Wendy
(@wendy)

Looking for the name of the parents of Uru Akiaki Mitai (M - Rotorua) and date or year of death.  I understand that he was the brother of Te Ao Ieni (Maketu).

Father Mitai Mataiawhea?

Wendy

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26 January, 2020 4:08 am
Page 2 / 2
Share: