Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

MORGAN(MOKENA) WHANAU  

RSS
Billi Jo Morgan OWC
(@billi-jo-morgan-owc)

Kia Ora, my name is Billi Jo Marukore Sulfa Morgan, I am the daughter of Steven(Ginger)Morgan and Helen Sulfa, I am the grand-daughter of the late, Jock Morgan(Barrett) and Amokura Kapinga, I am the great grand-daughter of the late, Koro Mick(Hawkeye)Barrett and Parekahu Barrett. I am trying to find whanau of the Morgan(Mokena) side. I was brought up with my whangai parents, Albert Sulfa and Mary Pukawa, Son of the late, Frank Sulfa and Myra Turu, Daughter of the late, Te Ahimanawa(Snowball) Pukawa and Ruby Marukore Pukawa. If anyone can help me with my search of finding out more of the Morgan Whanau please let me know...no reira katoa...

Posted : 14 February, 2006 5:08 pm
clivet
(@clivet)

Is this Morgan from Te Awamutu area?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01 May, 2006 8:48 pm
s_whalers OWC
(@s_whalers-owc)

kia billy jo my greatgrandmother and your koro mick r 1st cousins your koro has a brother named dick barrett they lived in taumaranui...your koro micks grandfather is ropata...i am also off the morgan whanau my gggrandfather is mokena patupatu...i attended a barrett reunion in te kuiti in the 80s wen i was young... i might b able to help if you can leave your contact details we can hook up... ka kite

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12 May, 2006 10:26 am
azzarian
(@azzarian)

Hi there I come from Ropata's sister Winika line. I do know that there is a book which is from the reunion as I have obtained a copy from my uncle. It has alot of names in there cant think of what it's called now but will have a look when I get home latter on.
Cheers

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12 May, 2006 11:27 am
Missxstatic OWC
(@missxstatic-owc)

Which area? My Whanau are from Otorohanga and Turitea, I'm not sure where else. But our Whanau name is Morgan/Mokena as well

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19 May, 2006 9:33 pm
interplanetjanet
(@interplanetjanet)
Eminent Member

Are you all decendants of Samuel John Morgan and Matire (Matilda)Te Rarangi Moncur who lived in the Kawhia, Te Awamutu area 1850 + ?

If so I think there have been quite a few good researchers who have produced interesting information which is available for your line
I would be very surprised if your Whakapapa is not available through those entrusted with the task of preserving it in the traditional manner.
Well worth a trip to the marae to find out about it.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19 May, 2006 10:47 pm
Tureiti OWC
(@tureiti-owc)

Hi Billy Jo I am also researching Mokena Whanau. Not sure if same whanau or not but my G.Grandmother was Naaka Mokena, GG.Grandfather was Teleti Mokena. GGG.Grandfather was Mokena Haehaeora. But from what I've found out Naaka Mokena is from Nelson and she married into Ngapuhi whanau from around the Rotorua area. Let me know if anything to do with your whanau.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23 September, 2006 1:32 pm
trisha.morgan OWC
(@trisha-morgan-owc)

Hi Billy jo my name is Bing Morgan, my mother Sandra Morgan is daughter to Henry Digby Morgan,another brother to the ones in your posted message, son of Koro Mick & Parekahu Barret, i to am keen to learn about the Morgan side, going back to their marae.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10 February, 2007 4:28 pm
MTurua OWC
(@mturua-owc)

Go home to Otukou Billi. Jocks sister Biddy is living at the pa and she will be able to answer some of your questions. The eldest child of Mick and Parekahu, Katie Mamaeroa Hepi (my mum) is still living in Turangi and could tell you more about the Morgan side. Her and Jock were whangai of Harry and Mamaeroa Morgan and brought up in Otukou.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27 February, 2008 7:03 am
Share: