Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

PARATA,Leo  

RSS
twoshy OWC
(@twoshy-owc)

My name is Toni Hunton.I was born in Porirua in October of 1966.My mothers name was Gaye Hunton.She says my father is Leo Parata. I know nothing about him or his family and would like any help I can get.
I currently live in the states, and my children are asking me questions about my own heritage, that a am unable to answer.
I know very little about my Maori culture and language but am trying to learn, it is difficult from here though.
I am not asking my father to come forward if he does not wish to, but I would like to know something about my family.
Anything you can tell me will be appreciated.

Posted : 03 May, 2006 5:38 am
pawarenga2007 OWC
(@pawarenga2007-owc)

kia ora my name is cedric campbell i knew your father and all his whanau (family) when we were growing up in porirua many years ago.Your father had brothers by the names of henry,billy,george,robert,i did not know the sisters names and do not know if they still reside in porirua.You can make contact with there marae committee, takapuwahia marae ngati toa iwi, elsdon porirua city north island,new zealand.I wish you all the best in trying to locate your dad,actually last time i heard he was living in cronulla sydney australia.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22 June, 2006 1:06 pm
Aubry OWC
(@aubry-owc)

The whanau are still in Porirua, my grandmother is a sister to Leo Parata snr, and i see the son Leo quite often, hope you have found your roots

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21 June, 2007 3:39 pm
Share: