Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

PARATENE WHANAU NO AHIPARA  

RSS
Ngati Tu OWC
(@ngati-tu-owc)

Tena koutou e te whanau Paratene

Our cousin Riki in Bendigo, Melbourne, has opened up a new web site for the whanau. So all you mokopuna of Mita and Edith that are overseas log in and check it out. Great way to keep in touch with us back here at home.

http://www.freewebs.com/bubbaaknz/

Heio ano ra e te whanau, noho ora mai, ma te Atua e manakii i nga wa katoa......whanaunga Dan.........

Posted : 08 December, 2005 3:50 am
chewton girl OWC
(@chewton-girl-owc)

Kia ora e te whanau Paratene

I am in Chewton, just outside of Bendigo. I grew up in the Hokianga with Raymond and Gordon, mokopuna to Nana Edith no Ahipara.
Raymond and Gordon are both in Perth. I'll be sure to let them know what you have achieved here for the whanau.

Nau mai
Christina

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08 December, 2005 8:53 am
Ngati Tu OWC
(@ngati-tu-owc)

Tena koe Chewton-girl, cool as , these are my fist cousins as there mum is my dads younger sister...also a new site so trying to find out how it works. Won't take long have a tutu and will be rolling....

Heio ano noho ora mai....Dan.....

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08 December, 2005 5:31 pm
lee OWC
(@lee-owc)

Kia ora, my name is Leanna Grace. My grandmother was a Paratene or Broughton, Her parents were James Broughton and Te Otina Ruru.I am trying to trace my whakapapa and the only thing I know about him is that he was born in about 1890. If anyone has any info please let me know.
Thanx
lee

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24 January, 2006 10:23 am
Ngati Tu OWC
(@ngati-tu-owc)

Tena koe Leanna,
as far as I know our the Paratene whanau from Ahipara have no relationship with the Broughton whanau. My great grandfather name was Wire Paratene he only had 2 children, a son Mita and a daughter named Rakapa then down to my dad Frederick Paratene. Sorry couldn't be of any help, maybe someone else may set you right. Heio ano kia pai tou haere e pa ana ki tou rangahau whakapapa. Naku noa Eparaima...........

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25 January, 2006 7:54 pm
Tiaa OWC
(@tiaa-owc)

Kia Ora Ngati Tu,

My grandfathers 1st wife was Mihi Paratene. His name was Wairama Tehuhu Maihi of Ahipara. His 2nd wife was Lovinia Puhipi. He then married my grandmother Mihi Peka Murupaenga.

Wairama and Mihi had three children. Heeni, Amiria, and Raiha.

Heeni married Barney Snowden, Amiria married Doc Nathan and Raiha married Bill Snowden

I remember Aunty Harriet and Uncle Jim Pure and all the kids. Awwww thanks for that website of your whakapapa.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10 May, 2006 12:53 am
Nga Hau e Wha OWC
(@nga-hau-e-wha-owc)

Hello I have put in the name Paratene and Broughton in maori.org and it has come up with a posting you made.

My Great Grandmother is Roka Hone Hinga and her brother is Paratene Hone Hinga.

I have seen the name Paratene being searched in the forums but could not make a connection until a relative said today the name Paratene is in our family as a first name because in the past this was the way names were passed down by Maori from each generation.

The father of
Paratene Hone Hinga
was
Hone Tiwhi Paratene
who married
Akiniki Waata Mohi.

Akinihi's parents were

Waata Mohi
Roka Karaparapa

My Gt Grandmonther Roka Hone Hinga married Heteraka Henare and finally settled at Unahi Rd, Waimononi, where she passed away in 1959.

Paratene Hone Hinga married Maata Paneere and also lived at Unahi Rd with their family.

I have been told the family have ties at Ahipara, Oturu, Waimononi and Pakohou. If you can link us to your Paratene line that would be great. Awaiting you reply with anticiaption.

~ I am but a babe still drinking milk. Tell me when will I know to stand as a kauri? ~

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 July, 2006 12:59 am
Share: