Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

PICKERING/EDMONDS/BECKHAM Looking for any info on the connections  

Page 2 / 2
  RSS
dilz270 OWC
(@dilz270-owc)

Kia Ora again Kirstie-Leah u can contact me on www.dilz270.bebo.com 24/7, again good luck...........

quote:

Kia Ora, My name is Kirstie-leah Pickering, Born and bred in Queensland, Australia.
My grandfather's name is Royal Pickering & my grandmother's name was Ina Myrtle Pickering (nee-Edmonds).

I am looking for any and all info regarding my whanau. I have met a few Pickering's but know nothing of the Edmonds side. I am also interested in finding the connections between the Pickering & the Edmonds or Beckham from Ngawha. Any info would be a great help.

Kia Ora

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26 July, 2007 1:19 am
Te Rena OWC
(@te-rena-owc)

Kia Ora kirstie-leah .Joyce here I to am one of the descendants of John and Maryann Edmonds ,as there son :Arthur was married to my grt,grt,grt-grandmother :Erana Pehi, from Kaikohe. As Erana was his 1st wife and Arthur was Erana's 3rd Husband. Now there daughter Matilda had married a Davis Andrew Strongman from Kerikeri ( as Davis and Matilda ) are my grt,grt-grandparents.so this would make me a long lost cousin to all the Edmonds Whanau . I also attended a funeral at the Marae in Ngawha on the 15-9-07 my Uncle ( Herbie) Herbert Hugh Edmonds had passed away on the 12th and they had his Tangi on the 15th Sep at the Marae in Ngawha ,So yes all the Edmonds whanau originally lived at Kerikeri , I've only been to the Edmonds/Tucker homested in Kerikeri when I was only little. If you want to contact me you can at either of my email address : rossandjoyce@vodafone.net.nz or Maoriwahine2007@gmail.com .Ka Kite Ano

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25 September, 2007 12:29 pm
makiff OWC
(@makiff-owc)

Hi Joyce
Erana Pehi was my GGG Grandmother also which would make us long lost cousins 🙂 I have been unable to find any information on her parents etc, where she was born & when. Do you know any of this? I went to Ngawha & Kerikeri last year & visited the Edmonds Ruins. I am trying to find out about my Maori heritage which at this point involves Erana who I believe was Ngapuhi but I am not certain. There are family stories about some land around Ngawha generations ago but I am unsure of how real this is....

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30 September, 2007 6:21 pm
TeOka OWC
(@teoka-owc)

TextKia Ora All

thanx a million for all the help. I haven't been able to do any research at the moment, just moved state from Melbourne to Brisbane & have been really crook. When I have time I will go thru all the information that has been given and will get back to you all when I find out more.
Once again guys, thanks heaps for all that info, slowly I am starting to feel whole finally.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14 February, 2008 12:55 am
Page 2 / 2
Share: