Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

POA jenna looking for info about fathers biological parents  

RSS
jennalewis OWC
(@jennalewis-owc)

im looking for information about my fathers biological parents his name is george poa hes around 54 55 56 his parents whom adopted him are dick and molly poa his biological mother i think was half spanish or something i know one of his biological parents had spanish blood and she apparantly worked in a hospital as a nurse some where in n.z not sure where . he might have even been adopted through family this is all the info i have so if anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated.

Posted : 08 November, 2005 4:03 pm
Kaye-Kaye OWC
(@kaye-kaye-owc)

Tena Koe Jenna!
Have you tried the Poa Whanau in Te Awamutu the hospital may have been Tokanui.
Try looking in the Old Friends too!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05 December, 2005 9:28 am
tarn OWC
(@tarn-owc)

Kia Ora Jenna, my name is Tania and my grandfather is George Poa, but I don't think it is the same one you are asking about. I will ask my Aunty for any information and I will pass this on to you tomorrow.
Kia Kaha

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05 December, 2005 10:43 am
tarn OWC
(@tarn-owc)

Kia Ora Jenna, Good news!!!! My Aunty is aware of who you are looking for. There are two ways we can tackle this situation, 1st: you can give your contact details and she will take them to the whanau you are looking for and they will contact you, 2nd you can ring my aunty if you wish and she will fill in all the blanks for you, the choice is yours.

Congratulations you are on your way to finding your whanau!!!!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06 December, 2005 4:51 pm
Kris22 OWC
(@kris22-owc)

Hi my name is Kris and I know I'm way late reading YR message but it's so funny I just logged on 4 the 1st time in a couple of years doing this as I got better on the computer, I happen 2 B looking at some paper work I got in 2001 and found the 2 names U wrote.
Taima is (Dick) married 2 Mari is (Molly Henare from Pauerenga)
did U manage 2 get the info U were looking 4 on them?
I mayB wrong about the connection but if not I have a small part of their Tamariki decending from Hauariki Poa married to Maraea Terangi.
These names R on the oldish side though so I hope I'm not throwing a red herring at U. Interested leave message on line.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06 October, 2006 10:20 pm
miriama poa OWC
(@miriama-poa-owc)

Hi there Jenna my name is Miriama Poa I am new at this now my dad was Harerei(Sat) also known as Dan as well. Now I have just talked to my mum and dick (taima)which was his real name and married to molly Dick was my dads first cousin. Hauariki Poa is his father and Reihana Poa is his brother who is my grandad so we probably related as well as the 11 brother and sisters I have as well. hope this helps

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30 January, 2008 8:32 am
Kirianna
(@kirianna)

@miriama-poa-owc

Kia ora Miriama,  we are currently tracing our whakapapa back, as this was something my father begun before he suddenly passed. Im wondering if any of your whānau knew a Walter Poa. He'd be in his 80s now. He and his whānau moved to Auckland in the late 50's. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13 October, 2019 6:56 am
Share: