Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

Randell, De Thierry from Te Kauwhata  

RSS
arohaa OWC
(@arohaa-owc)

HI..I am trying to find the Randell whanau that were in te Kauwhata in the 1950s/60s. The father was William De Thierry Randell and I think he may have had 2 wives and about 20 children??? One of his sons was also name William/Willie.
Hope someone can help.
Aroha

Posted : 17 May, 2006 9:01 pm
stubbornforgey OWC
(@stubbornforgey-owc)

Kia ora...some of the
The De Thierry whanau are still in Te Kauwhata to my knowledge or in the surrounding area..Huntly, Hamilton etc.
Many of the younger members live here in Auckland (a percentage are in Otara)
And your right ..uncle bill had many..many..many..many children LOL. (no t.v i think in them days)
My e mail is attatched to my profile ..let me see
who i can find.
Oh ..if your start looking now ..you will find many of the elder de thierry's at the Ngaruawahia
Turangawaewae today up untill the weekend.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18 May, 2006 9:58 am
smilerwa
(@smilerwa)

My G Grandfather was Tukotahi Tirua Ranana(Randell), his brother was TeAwahoromona Ranana who married Isabella Margret De Thierry, I have some of the Randell whakapapa, but would be interested in trying to connect more of the De Thierry whakapapa as well

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21 May, 2006 10:06 pm
hinemako OWC
(@hinemako-owc)

Kia ora arooha,
Hi I married into the De Thierry's of T.K yes I know the ingoa you speak of and this site Im about to give you holds the lot (on the De Thierry side mostly) but does have the Ranana side too: http://www2.tribalpages.com/tribe/browse?userid=lsw51249&view=9&rand=415543292 the password is 'isabella' have fun

Edited by - hinemako on May 30 2006 10:24:02 PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30 May, 2006 10:21 pm
arohaa OWC
(@arohaa-owc)

HI guys...thanks for your messages.I'm not after the Randall/De Thierry whakapapa-I should have stated that in my first post. I am just after contact with one of the whanau. I now know that Mr Willy Randall's wife was named Tutu and some of the children were Mihi, Willy, Margaret who may all be in their 50/60s. I have some photos and want to pass them on. Thanks guys.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31 May, 2006 8:39 am
DEMI OWC
(@demi-owc)

HI AROHA MY MOTHER IS BILL AND TUTU RANDELLS YOUNGEST DAUGHTER NOT SURE IF YOU GOT MY EMAIL BEFORE ...ANYWAY MOST OF THE FAMILY LIVE IN HASTINGS NOW HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU SOON THANKS

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04 June, 2006 6:35 pm
carran OWC
(@carran-owc)

hi aroha, william Randell did have two wives, his first 1 was my grandmother stella manihera from greytown (papawai), they together had 3 boys and 1 girl. My father was william Randell he brothers names were Inky and Henry, There sister died at a young age. William then , went on to marry Tutu and they had alot of children. which thru the years I have met and are my fathers half siblings from Hastings /Huntly.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24 October, 2006 8:13 am
sheree_tm OWC
(@sheree_tm-owc)

quote:

My G Grandfather was Tukotahi Tirua Ranana(Randell), his brother was TeAwahoromona Ranana who married Isabella Margret De Thierry, I have some of the Randell whakapapa, but would be interested in trying to connect more of the De Thierry whakapapa as well

Kia Ora
I would be interested in the Randall whakapapa that you have. My grandad was Douglas Te Momo and he was adopted out of the Randall whanau. His birth father was Wate Jerry Randall from Huntly and hoping to find out more from this line and hoping to whakapapa back further.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20 November, 2006 4:31 am
DTTeepa OWC
(@dtteepa-owc)

Kia ora,
I am desperately seeking whakapapa on Te Rawi Lovey Randall, all i know is she was born in huntly about 1920 she died very young 46years old in 1966 in tauranga and is buried at welcome bay tauranga. Any info would be much appreciated.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23 December, 2007 8:04 pm
Marie Randall
(@marie-randall)

@carran-owc

Kiaora aroha,i your cousins Marise and Estella when i was working at nestle, my name is Marie Randall i married William Randall 1 of the 8 children of Kahu Koti and Hinewira Randall. My husband does not know a lot of his Dads Whakapapa he knows his Uncle Kingi and Aunty Elaine and all their children and maybe a handful of other Randalls he doesnt know who his Fathers parents were or whether his Dad had any siblings  he seems to think there may be connected to the browns his aunty Elaine's maiden name was Brown and they are both burried in the same urupa in makomako do you any info that may be helpful, he knows he is related to the timothy's and the Paki whanau

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15 January, 2020 1:59 am
Marie Randall
(@marie-randall)
Kiaora 
Trying to find whakapapa of my

hhusband Dad's whanau dont hav a lot of
info his Dads name Wiremu kahu koti Randall
Born Nov 1927
Died Nov1966
Burried Makomako Urupa
Husband of Hinewira Randall nee Rawiri