Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

TANE Huti  

RSS
michellehoward OWC
(@michellehoward-owc)

I am the great great gradaughter of Huti Tane and I am trying to fin any family members i have, so i can learn more about my whanau.

Posted : 18 December, 2005 4:47 pm
Te_Korohunga OWC
(@te_korohunga-owc)

Kia Ora Michelle

I know that there is a huge Whanau of Tane's in the Ngapuhi District, Otaua, Hokianga, Manganui Bluff and Dargiville.
The Northland phone book is full of Tane's.
Hope this is some type of help to you.
Good luck on your reseach

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18 December, 2005 8:03 pm
Avijon OWC
(@avijon-owc)

Kia ora Michelle
Yes there are a big whanau of the Tane family in Dargaville, Mangonui Bluff, Hokianga etc, but you will also find that their original name is Tane Hohaia. The Tane whanau can also be found in Ngawha and Ohaeawai.

Just to help you find wich ones you are looking for.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19 April, 2006 12:54 am
s_whalers OWC
(@s_whalers-owc)

kia ora michelle my great great grandmother is huti ormsby she married a tanetinorau from waitomo they had 16 kids... i wonder if this huti tane is the same person...if u know your greatgrand parents i may be able to help?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12 May, 2006 9:39 am
pealing OWC
(@pealing-owc)

Nanny Huti Tanetinorau nee Ormsby was my great grandmother. My grandfather was Parakau Blake aka Blinky Tanetinorau, My father Stanley Tane. Please email me direct. I can give you your Whakapapa and fill you in on your family. Looking forward to hearing from you. Christina aka Tina Pealing nee Tane
pealing.family@xtra.co.nz

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22 May, 2006 10:09 am
aridaly OWC
(@aridaly-owc)

My koro is a Täne from Tokikapu marae in Waitomo, decendant of Tanetinorau, his name is Walter Turner of Ngäti Uekaha...I dont really know that side of the family but would like to know the whakapapa, if anyone knows email me on ari_daly@hotmail.com

Ngä mihi... Arihia

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30 August, 2006 1:48 pm
Share: