Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

TAPARA, Family (I want to learn my history)  

Page 4 / 4
  RSS
y2ranga
(@y2ranga)

Kia ora Tania, Yes I knew your grandparents very well. Tauheke and my natural grandfather Eddie are brothers. Eddie is buried at Te Korapatu but I am unsure of where you GGfather is. Your ggfather is from a very large family and if you email me direct I will attach the whakapapa to you. Maa te waa ka korero ano taua.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17 March, 2006 6:44 am
ATAPARA OWC
(@atapara-owc)

Kia ora Shannii
I am a Tapara from Otorohanga
I think I may have worked with your mum in Golden Circle
I currently stay in Kallangur Qld
get in touch aatapara@hotmailcom
hey congrats on your wedding

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07 May, 2006 8:38 pm
ataahua@hotmail.com OWC
(@ataahuahotmail-com-owc)

tena koe Shanii
My name is Bea and i lived in a place called Pungarehu Taranaki where I grew up with the Tapara family . I used to walk to school with a Elizabeth Tapara, and Im sure her Dads name was Nick, I may be wrong, so long ago, but the name stays in my mind.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13 May, 2006 8:33 am
Shannii OWC
(@shannii-owc)

Wow i never thought i would receive so many responses when i first posted. It is fantastic.
ATapara yes my mum does work at Golden Circle - Julie Liddall.
Look forward to many more responses.
Talk soon and take care.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22 May, 2006 4:29 pm
NANA-LEE
(@nana-lee)

quote:

Hi Shanni Im new here and i saw your post, I too live in Australia, I have very good friends who are Taparas and they live in Australia also they are very clued up on their maoritanga and heritage, if you would like to know more about them you can email me on whiskeyhotel@eftel.com.au
I know this is months out I hope you get to see this. Cheers from Whiskey aka Leeanne Rangi

Hiya Shanni Aroha Mai if you have tried to contact me, I have moved myself from Australia back home to New Zealand.
If you would like to leave me a private message i will reply with contact numbers of the Tapara's in Australia Brisbane.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14 July, 2006 6:21 pm
Shannii OWC
(@shannii-owc)

Well it is so amazin to have found all this info, and all the links here.
I have been catchin up with a friend from Oto who tells me he knows all my family. And thought that i should contact everyone. I am hoping to head back to NZ at the end of next year (2007) and would love to get to know all my whanau, who turns out to be a lot more than i thought. 🙂 so anyone that can get in contact with me to help me out would be grealty appreciated.

Arohanui
Shannii

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14 December, 2006 11:12 pm
rlee OWC
(@rlee-owc)
Eminent Member

Corey and Sue Tapara, mother Doreen Clark(e)?(with Larry), were in the Hauraki area, last i knew Corey had a child, children with Tina Taipari? not sure if they still together tho. Sue was with Tony, i used to live with them years ago.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06 April, 2007 12:13 am
dilz270 OWC
(@dilz270-owc)

Tena koe Shannii, ma 1st cuznz r Tapara's, ma mums sister Rangihau married Tauwhanga Tapara hu is a brother 2 Alex an Don Tapara. Uncle Tauwhanga an aunty Rangi adopted 1 of uncle Alex's daugthers (Sandra) hu is the eldest of Aunty an Uncles an den named their son after uncle Don. Both Sandra an Don live in Auckland. 4 more info u can contact me on www.bebo.com/dilz270 or dilz270@xtra.co.nz 24/7. Looking forward to hearing frm u.

Kia kaha

AROHANUI.....

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02 July, 2007 3:03 am
dilz270 OWC
(@dilz270-owc)

Kia Ora Sharnii, my email address has changed u can still contact me on my URL Bebo address but my email is dilz270@yahoo.co.nz, i hope u hav had more luck on finding yr whanau. Kia Kaha an Good Luck

quote:

Well it is so amazin to have found all this info, and all the links here.
I have been catchin up with a friend from Oto who tells me he knows all my family. And thought that i should contact everyone. I am hoping to head back to NZ at the end of next year (2007) and would love to get to know all my whanau, who turns out to be a lot more than i thought. 🙂 so anyone that can get in contact with me to help me out would be grealty appreciated.

Arohanui
Shannii

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26 July, 2007 1:48 am
tapara OWC
(@tapara-owc)

Kia Ora Sharnii
This is Lorna Tapara, Karoha my niece. I'm new to this site, Gee arohamai. Yes I do know your grandfather very well, I live in Otorohanga, not far from your koro. And yes he is alive and kicking. My dad is Victor, koro Nicks brother. Your koro has 2 brothers that are still alive and 1 sister left. And Hi Michelle! I have your uncle Leon's contacts. Please get back to me tapara@clear.net.nz

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04 November, 2007 9:02 pm
Maori Chic OWC
(@maori-chic-owc)

Tena koe Shannii, Kia Ora Lorna!
Its Daughter here! My Grandmother is Noke Tapara who married Te Hurinui Retimana and who was also Uncle Victors and Koro Nicks sister. According to my whakapapa Koro Nick, who is also known as Te Hari, is the 8th child of 12 children. Which makes you Shannii my CUZZIE. Yeeeaaah! Nga mihi aroha ki a koe e Ko! I moved from the Waikato nearly a year ago and now live in Kaikohe, Tai Tokerau. You can contact me at winnieretimana@hotmail.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10 November, 2007 5:56 pm
gran OWC
(@gran-owc)

Hi Everyone especially the Australian connection. There was a Tapara driving buses in Sydney back in the early eighties, his name escapes me right now (strange because we all spent lots of time together drinking etc) and his wifes name was Kay? Kaye? I am sure he said he was Victors brother. Victor lived in Christchurch in the late fifties with my sister and her husband. Someone out there may be able to enlighten me.

Edited by - gran on Feb 01 2008 6:56:02 PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01 February, 2008 6:50 pm
Page 4 / 4
Share: