Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

TE HUIA, Wairehu: missing link  

RSS
huiabird OWC
(@huiabird-owc)

kia ora e hoa

I am lost, and hopeless to filled in the missing link of my dad's whakapapa. My grandparents has gone and so is my dad.
Dad's grandfather wairehu Te Huia, dad's great grandfather whakatauti, this is far I got to.
Any whanau out there may have information, I
appreciate it.

Edited by - pearlau on Mar 09 2005 2:50:34 PM

Posted : 28 December, 2004 3:47 pm
Rereahu ahau OWC
(@rereahu-ahau-owc)

Tena Koe

Anei te korero; and my connection to Whakataute is through his wife Kataraina.

Make contact to my Cousin John Te Huia who lives in Te Kuiti.

The Address is:
1 Hinerangi Street
Te Kuiti

As your whakapapa link is the same as his, he is a lovely man and I believe he will help you.

Tell him I referred you.

Good hunting

Barbi T Taniora

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31 January, 2005 8:41 am
huiabird OWC
(@huiabird-owc)

tena koe

My grand-father, pateriki toma wairehu te huia is the eldest(1st born)to my great-grand parent named wairehu or wiremu and tamera (nee-edward).
Here is when I'm lost my great great grandfather whakataute was married twice, not sure if his first wife is kataraina or ? (don't know 2nd wife name)?

Do you have John email address. Must appreciate it.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31 January, 2005 12:41 pm
huiabird OWC
(@huiabird-owc)

tena koe e hoa,

I'd found my dad whakapapa. Interesting history about my tupuna te whakataute and materite. I'm glad I've picture of them.
Thanks am really appreciate it.
ka kite ano

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09 February, 2005 12:45 pm
Rereahu ahau OWC
(@rereahu-ahau-owc)

Tena Koe,

Glad you found your tupuna, it makes me smile even more, welcome back to the fold, my tupuna kuia is the youngest sister to Kataraina and her name is Otimihiterina.

Kiora cuz.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29 March, 2005 2:42 pm
shayemerald OWC
(@shayemerald-owc)

Hi there I was just wondering if you knew that there was a TE HUIA/WAIREHU reunion at the start of this year. It was in Stokes Valley. I'm not a relation to this line. My aunty is married into the whanau. Her husband is one of the sons of Tamara. Don't really remember the res, but i could ask my uncle for you.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29 March, 2005 8:45 pm
huiabird OWC
(@huiabird-owc)

kia ora shayemerald,
I believes we having meet.
I'd try to contact organizer over internet for ages. Unfortuntely, it was too late for me. Reunion happened last December. I would very much love to know how did the reunion goes and whakapapa

kia ora.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30 March, 2005 3:31 pm
huiabird OWC
(@huiabird-owc)

Kia ora shayemerald,

Let me guess! your aunty name phyllis married to uncle rueben.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30 March, 2005 3:38 pm
shayemerald OWC
(@shayemerald-owc)

I'm sorry I got it wrong. My Uncle is the son of Theresa. I think Theresa is the daughter of Tamara. I haven't seen my Uncle for a while but when I do I will be sure to correct myself.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30 March, 2005 11:30 pm
huiabird OWC
(@huiabird-owc)

Kia ora shayemerald
How are you? I know grand-aunty theresa. She's a sister to pateriki my grandfather.
Her sons I can only remember uncles joe, and hank and their sisters aunties judy, & margaret very well.

I also have one picture of wirehu and tamera.

I last saw nanny tamera and koro wirehu living in kawhia at their aotea homestead when I was young.
Please give my love to uncle, I said hello.
Tell him I am the first child of mervyn.
Kia kaha cuzzy

Edited by - huiabird on Apr 01 2005 02:28:04 AM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01 April, 2005 2:25 am
kata-raina OWC
(@kata-raina-owc)

Kia ora huiabird

Hey cuz,i'm 1 of the hundred te huia's out there, my grandmother is a baby sister to uncle Rueben, Grand aunty thereas other children in poneke are uncle eddie, & the twins uncle Fabian, can't remember his twins name. anymore questions bout the whanau let me know. i see aunty judy and the whanau in TA alot

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01 May, 2005 5:11 pm
huiabird OWC
(@huiabird-owc)

Kia Ora kataraina

How is your whanau? Hope they doing great!
Yes, I very much know my grand aunty kathy a sister to Pateriki, ra, reuben, teresa, agnes, collin, etc...

Wondered how did the "te huia" reunion goes held in wellington? Sorry whanau, just wish I could been there.
I was at "maniapoto" reunion in turangi.
Shame both were on the same dates.

Give my love to aunty judy and the whanau

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01 May, 2005 8:00 pm
huiabird OWC
(@huiabird-owc)

Kia ora cuz kataraina
forgot to mentioned

Give mum(donna) and dad(darcy) my love.

You'll remember me thru my sons maddy. He used to stayed with mum & dad in Hamilton hehehehe!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01 May, 2005 8:18 pm
kiriwai
(@kiriwai)

Are all the Te Huia Whanau in Aotearoa related to each other, we have a huge whanau of Te Huia in Pipiriki, up the Whanganui River, then there is a Te Huia whanau in Marton, and I know there are some in Wellington, can anyone share some light on this please.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19 October, 2006 4:49 pm
aree1 OWC
(@aree1-owc)

Tena koutou. I've just joined the forum hoping to trace our 'branch' of the Te Huia whanau tree. I've been reading your panui and alot of the korero sounds familiar so I hope I'm on the right track here. As far as I can trace it, my father's whanau lived in Mokau, south-western boundary of Te Rohe Potae. My grandfather was Taiki Te Arawaka Te Huia and his parents were Te Arawaka Te Huia (Tainui) and Hera Te Hou (Wairoa). I have heard that there are Te Huia links via whanau, marae and urupa to Taumarunui, Kawhia, Kihikihi, Mangatoatoa. My whanau (aunts/uncles/cuzzies) are all over the motu - CHCH (Te Huia/Wilson); Hastings (Te Huia/Rehu); also links to O'Briens (Waikawau)/Te Ripo (Ripo)/Inia (Taranaki) whanaunga as well. The furtherest we can trace back is to our g.g.grandfather Te Rira. I agree, the name isn't a common one so there has to be a connection somewhere. Finding the linking tupuna may be the answer. If I were to go on the assumption given to me by kaumatua from Taumarunui, I could track back to Tuwharetoa, then I believe our whanau may have moved their way westwards and became 'lost' from the whakapapa line somewhere as there seems to be strong evidence and connections in central Te Rohe Potae. If anyone recognises any of these names and is able to connect the missing links that would be most helpful. Kia ora mai ano.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 July, 2007 8:21 am
Share: