Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

TE KANAWA:  

Page 3 / 3
  RSS
pono OWC
(@pono-owc)
Eminent Member

Kia ora whanau

I think I found my whakapapa.
The old kuia I have known her long time we're close relative been searching for the missing links.
It was her daughter's friend notice and recognise me is my kaitiaki I never knew.

Will be meeting and korero whakapapa with
her and the whanau soon.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08 October, 2006 3:24 am
John Price OWC
(@john-price-owc)

Kia ora,
Yeh just like every1 else we cuzns bro. My cuzn's are Wickliffes and the middle name of mine is Te Kawana from king country so thats probably it, if u would email me i can get u a phone number to Govey Wickliffe and he could give u some contacts

Cheers mate

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18 October, 2006 10:00 am
Punaruku Princess OWC
(@punaruku-princess-owc)

Tena koutou te whanau whanui

My husband is from the King Country, Maniapoto Waitomo, and our two sons, Te Kanawa Ngarotata and Te Waaka Kingi Ngarotata are the great great grandsons of Tutunui Te Kanawa. Any info we have we would gladly share, any you have would be greatly received

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17 January, 2007 10:16 pm
pono OWC
(@pono-owc)
Eminent Member

kia ora

To clarify what Ive told...

pakaru-wakanui=
paretewa = tokohihi
pare-ngaope = te rauanganga

paretewa bioligical father pakaru-wakanui
not tokohihi
pare-ngaope was their second child to tokohihi and paretewa.
tokohihi cames from another line.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18 January, 2007 10:31 am
R K M OWC
(@r-k-m-owc)

Kia ora Jtek. My name is Marlene.Norman is also my father. I am 40 years old(be 41 in a few month's).I never got to know our father very well as he and my mum parted before i was born. However i did meet him and although it was only for 2 weeks 17 years ago i was rapped. All my life i never had a dad and even though he was'nt @ when i was growing i will hold dearly those memories of our dad always. For a number of years i have been looking for our father. Unfortunatrely i have had no luck in finding him, an it has been a long lonely journey for me. The path to find our father has not been easy but i'm not going to give up. Im stoked i came across your panui, i think maybe this was meant to be. I'm no witchdoctor but i truly believe everything happens for a reason. If it is alright with you and you dont mind i would like to walk this walk with you to learn our whakapapa for you and your whanau and for my children and my mokopunas and myself. I would really like to get to know our whanau from King Country. I guess i've been bleating on for a while, i hope to hear from you soon, but If i don't i'll understand. I had a good life growing up, and i don't regret it. That's all i have to say. You and your whanau take care.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31 March, 2007 3:45 pm
Dayvee OWC
(@dayvee-owc)

Kiaora Pono.This is my understanding of the whakapapa you are looking for.
Wairere = Tukapua
Te Kahurere = Koroki
Ruru = Korako
Waenganui = Koura
Matoumoeawa = Waihongee
Hotumauea = Te Ataiwhanake
Pakaru-waka-nui = Pareteuaki
Tokohihi = Paretewa
Parengaope = Te Rauangaanga.

Te Rauangaanga is descended from Uerata and Puakirangi.Ko te hia hia nui kei te awhi tenei ki a koe.Noho ora mai

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03 July, 2007 10:38 pm
jtekhaula OWC
(@jtekhaula-owc)

Kia Ora everyone!

Even though my user name has changed, its still me "jtek", just "jtekhaula" now.

Firstly, I have to thank everyone for their response to my post a couple of years ago! I have to admit that I'am absolutely over-whelmed by the help that everyone has given me, in regards too my Whakapapa and with helping me find my whanau, I'am truly speechless.

Also I would like too apologise for my lack of response too anyone but after a while of trying I admit that I lost hope. But now that after so much time I finally have another look, I promise that I will very regularly be watching this and talking to you all.

Forgive me, and I look forward to ANY response.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26 July, 2007 7:33 pm
jtekhaula OWC
(@jtekhaula-owc)

Hello R K M!

I tried to e-mail you directly but I dont think it went through? If you could contact me that would be awesome!
I'am very interested in making contact with you in the near or distant future. Like I say, I tried to e-mail personally but there we go.

I'am opened minded about everything and I'm sure we might be able to help each other out, in more ways than one.Please!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27 July, 2007 5:03 pm
Page 3 / 3
Share: