Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

TE METE  

RSS
maitahi_steve OWC
(@maitahi_steve-owc)

Te Mete whanau for whakapapa research

Looking for anyone from Apima Te Mete of Hangarau and PareKotuku of Maunga Tautari.
Any information would be greatfully received.

My mum None Te Mete, was whangai to Kau Matahaere and known as Horiana Matahaere, and so I am looking for anything on her side of the whanau

Kia Ora

Posted : 13 June, 2005 1:39 pm
poutokomanawa
(@poutokomanawa)
Trusted Member

Tena koe maitahi_steve,

If you make sure you are in the Whakapapa Club and put Te Mete in the search box (top right hand corner) you will find there are a few records.

Check the one under Search Results - Forum Archives called Winikerei raua ko Te Mete.

When you are on that page, if you want to try contracting the person who put that up, click on the icon after Posted - 23 June 2003 9:14.

You can of course also check on other results on the search results page - you never know what else you may find

Nau te raurau,
Naku te raurau,
Ka ora ai nga tangata!
--------------------------------
Together we will get there!
--------------------------------

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27 July, 2005 6:50 pm
Tamahura
(@tamahura)

Kia ora Maitai,
my neice links to those lines thru her great, great, great, great, great, great grandfather who was named Harakeke had a sibling called Te Hiahou. Te Hiahou had a son called Raukawa and Raukawa had a son called Te Mete (That's the connections into the Kaimai hills area of Matamata heading up into Ngati Hangarau territory. Harakeke and Te Hiahou..there father was Te Uruheuheu. From the Harakeke line comes the Hamiora (Samuel whanau).
I heard there is alot of Smiths up at Omeka pa under the Kaima and the Claires (Kerea) who link back in to Ngati Tukorehe. back near us.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09 July, 2006 7:32 pm
Share: