Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

WAIKATO  

Page 2 / 2
  RSS
iakoba OWC
(@iakoba-owc)

Kia Ora Sheree

Kiriraukura TE MOMO married Ngohengohe TE KARE. Now Kiriraukura birthdate would have approximately been between 1870 and 1880.

By the way my grandmother, (my mothers mother)who married Andrew Wetere KENNY or PUTERE or PURUA is Hazeline Paremoko KARAIPU or SCRIBE, her father is Thomas Charles KARAIPU,and his father is Kuru Te Aho KARAIPU so maybe there is connection to your grandmother Te Mamae. Kuru married a woman by the name of Sarah Jane MARSHALL and they had eight children:
Maraea Kurukohatu Te Aho, Meriana Te Aho, Mary Eliza, Hariata, Thomas Charles, Adelaide (Toru), Martha Georgina and Edward Rufus. Kurus father is Karaipu and his wife was Mere TURAMA.

Christopher and Evelyn live in Shalvey, Sydney Australia with their 5 children and 2 mokos and extended whanau and are all well.

The Ranana or Randall whanau is huge and just about everyone can whakapapa to this whanau. How I connect is through Kene PUTERE or PURUA (my great grandfather) well his wife is Tiini or Jean Wetere TE PAKI and here parents are Wetere TE PAKI and Rangitaumoana or it maybe Pinikera. Well Wetere sister is Hemoaka or Hera who married Waikato RANANA

Its huge - for me just a step at a time work with one line and this way you will be able to accomplish alot more. Then when you hit a brick will just post and wait patiently, then work on another. If there is anything else you would like to know just let me know.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12 September, 2006 2:24 pm
sheree_tm OWC
(@sheree_tm-owc)

quote:

Kia Ora Sheree

Kiriraukura TE MOMO married Ngohengohe TE KARE. Now Kiriraukura birthdate would have approximately been between 1870 and 1880.

By the way my grandmother, (my mothers mother)who married Andrew Wetere KENNY or PUTERE or PURUA is Hazeline Paremoko KARAIPU or SCRIBE, her father is Thomas Charles KARAIPU,and his father is Kuru Te Aho KARAIPU so maybe there is connection to your grandmother Te Mamae. Kuru married a woman by the name of Sarah Jane MARSHALL and they had eight children:
Maraea Kurukohatu Te Aho, Meriana Te Aho, Mary Eliza, Hariata, Thomas Charles, Adelaide (Toru), Martha Georgina and Edward Rufus. Kurus father is Karaipu and his wife was Mere TURAMA.

Christopher and Evelyn live in Shalvey, Sydney Australia with their 5 children and 2 mokos and extended whanau and are all well.

The Ranana or Randall whanau is huge and just about everyone can whakapapa to this whanau. How I connect is through Kene PUTERE or PURUA (my great grandfather) well his wife is Tiini or Jean Wetere TE PAKI and here parents are Wetere TE PAKI and Rangitaumoana or it maybe Pinikera. Well Wetere sister is Hemoaka or Hera who married Waikato RANANA

Its huge - for me just a step at a time work with one line and this way you will be able to accomplish alot more. Then when you hit a brick will just post and wait patiently, then work on another. If there is anything else you would like to know just let me know.

Kia ora Yvonne
I have been researching my Honetana and Karaipu all day today and have found alot of information. Te Mamae Honetana (nee Karaipu) parents were Haimona Karaipu and Mere Manawarewa Karaipu (nee Edwards) and they were married about 1880. They would definetly be connected to your line and we will definetly be related. I am also researching a few names and when I hit a brick wall I put it aside til I find help and carry on with another line. I love researching my whakapapa and meeting more whanau and I have learnt so much more just from today. I will definetly keep in contact and let you know when I find out how we are connected,

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13 September, 2006 12:35 am
sheree_tm OWC
(@sheree_tm-owc)

quote:

Kia Ora Sheree

Kia Ora Yvonne
How are you and your whanau? I have been researching the Karaipu whanau and am confused and wondering if you can help. My tupuna Te Mamae dad is Haimona Karaipu he was born about 1860 or 1861 and married Mere Manawarewa Edwards 1880. Haimona father was Karaipu Karaipu and born about 1833 and his dad was Karaipu and born about 1801 but not sure who his wife was. I noticed your tupuna Kuru Te Aho Karaipu father was Karaipu and mother was Mere and wondering if the two Karaipu's are brothers. Do you know how many brothers and sister Kuru had and know who his grandfather is? I am online all the time be cool to chat and swap information, take care and look forward to hearing from you.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31 October, 2006 10:16 pm
Aubry OWC
(@aubry-owc)

Kia Ora, just catching up with the Korero on your whanau. I relate to the Te Momo line from Horowhenua, I know the Karaipu line as one of my Edwards Whanaunga from Hawkes Bay descend from the family, and I know of the Kenny family from Huntly, as my folks lived in Templeview, and my Mum is a Kenny, though not from this branch.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31 October, 2006 11:34 pm
katrinakay OWC
(@katrinakay-owc)

gidday sheree,i was reading your post and remember my aunty was telling me about her trip to stewart island.Apparently in the muesum down there their are whakapapa books in their.their on the man known as koro waikato.She told the waikato river is named after him.I'm not sure if this is your whanau but there could be a possiblity.good luck.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01 November, 2006 6:11 am
sheree_tm OWC
(@sheree_tm-owc)

quote:

Kia Ora, just catching up with the Korero on your whanau. I relate to the Te Momo line from Horowhenua, I know the Karaipu line as one of my Edwards Whanaunga from Hawkes Bay descend from the family, and I know of the Kenny family from Huntly, as my folks lived in Templeview, and my Mum is a Kenny, though not from this branch.

Kiaora Aubry could you please tell me how you are related to the Te Momo whanau very interested.
Thanks

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20 November, 2006 2:46 am
sheree_tm OWC
(@sheree_tm-owc)

quote:

gidday sheree,i was reading your post and remember my aunty was telling me about her trip to stewart island.Apparently in the muesum down there their are whakapapa books in their.their on the man known as koro waikato.She told the waikato river is named after him.I'm not sure if this is your whanau but there could be a possiblity.good luck.

Kiaora katrinakay
Thankyou very much for that information I would love to find out more about the info in the museum and will have a look on the net, great to know that info.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20 November, 2006 2:53 am
Page 2 / 2
Share: