Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

Wharerangi/McMillan, Pera &/or Pola: Looking for information  

RSS
stephaskeur OWC
(@stephaskeur-owc)

Hi there

I am looking for whanau of Pera Wharerangi my fathers kuia, she had a daughter Pola when she married a Scottish man with the surname McMillan. In 1999 I spoke to some whanau however lost details. (My Dad was adopted out). From what I can learn I know I have family with Ngati Rangi and have registered with Ngati Ranginui. If anyone can help that would be great! I hope I am posting this notice in the right place!

Posted : 30 January, 2006 10:41 am
Te_wahine OWC
(@te_wahine-owc)

Hi there, My Great Grand mother, was Pera Te Rangihau, her father was John McMillan a scotsman,and her mother was Merenia of Ngaiterangi, Matakana Island, My Grandfather, was Wharaurangi McMillan or Koperu, I have an Aunt by the name of Pola, Pera had many children, she had one brother, John or Hone. I dont know where My Aunt Pola is at the moment, but could easily find out from one of the other aunts, Who is your dad?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22 October, 2006 10:47 am
GJMcMillan OWC
(@gjmcmillan-owc)

Hi my name is Gary McMillan and my grandfather is wharaurangi who was married to Minnie, my father is Ian McMillan.I just got hold of a very small part of the family tree. According to this family tree I have, my Great Grandmother was Pera Te Rangihau and I have an aunty Paola

Edited by - GJMcMillan on Jan 17 2007 9:00:11 PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17 January, 2007 8:57 pm
Te_wahine OWC
(@te_wahine-owc)

Kia ora Gary, My mum was Renee Andersen, your dads sister, how is your dad? Ive been doing a lot of research on our whakapapa, contact me if you'd like to compare notes 🙂 So nice to see whanau on the puta, do you manage to keep in touch with any other of the cuzzies? Everyone calls me Mihi, but my english name is Celeste.
Please feel free to contact me. Aroha Nui

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18 January, 2007 2:46 pm
stephaskeur OWC
(@stephaskeur-owc)

Hi Gary, I just emailed Mihi - Im not sure about using this message system...however I emailed her was different from this! My grandmother is Paola, she had my dad Wayne when she was with Stan Black. I was told she had a brother Tom and Sister Vivienne? Is your dad another brother of Paolas? Stephanie

Hi my name is Gary McMillan and my grandfather is wharaurangi who was married to Minnie, my father is Ian McMillan.I just got hold of a very small part of the family tree. According to this family tree I have, my Great Grandmother was Pera Te Rangihau and I have an aunty Paola

Edited by - GJMcMillan on Jan 17 2007 9:00:11 PM
[/quote]

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21 January, 2007 10:18 am
Te_wahine OWC
(@te_wahine-owc)

Kia ora Stepanie, your email hasnt come thru yet, my mother and garys father are siblings to Poala, yes, :-))) vivian, is your uncle, whangai adopted by my grandmother, Minnie McMillan, and he goes by the name of McMillan now. Which makes you and I, second cousins. Gary might have more information about all that, but I will ask around to see if my sisters know anything more, and will ask Vivian, he lives in Bell Block, just outside New Plymouth. My email address is te_wahine@hotmail.com, write to me there, ArohaNui Mihi

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21 January, 2007 1:59 pm
Te_wahine OWC
(@te_wahine-owc)

Kia ora Stepanie, your email hasnt come thru yet, my mother and garys father are siblings to Poala, yes, :-))) vivian, is your uncle, whangai adopted by my grandmother, Minnie McMillan, and he goes by the name of McMillan now. Which makes you and I, second cousins. Gary might have more information about all that, but I will ask around to see if my sisters know anything more, and will ask Vivian, he lives in Bell Block, just outside New Plymouth. My email address is te_wahine@hotmail.com, write to me there, ArohaNui Mihi

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21 January, 2007 1:59 pm
GJMcMillan OWC
(@gjmcmillan-owc)

Hi Stephanie and Mihi
My parents separated when I was young and I grew up with Mum. We had little to no contact with Dad's side of the family. I am trying to learn about Dad's side now. Like I said earlier I have a small part of the family tree and I am trying to track back as far as I can. At this stage I don t have any part of my Grandmothers (Minnie) side of the tree yet as the only information Dad (Ian) had was his fathers side of the family.
I meet some of the cousins very briefly when we lived in Taranaki - sisters of Dean Anderson about thirteen years ago. We also attended the after wedding function of Dean and Adrienne.
You can contact me on gfmcmillan@xtra.co.nz
I would be good to meet up with at some stage.
Saw Dad at Christmas and he is doing well. Lives in Pahiatua now.
Gary

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21 January, 2007 9:27 pm
Share: