Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

tracing whakapapa  

RSS
outerhere OF
(@outerhere-of)

we are looking for our whakapapa on the campbell and poutu side: Great grandfathers name Eric Campbell originally from Taranaki married Hine Poutu and lived in Hicks Bay.My grandfathers name was George Campbell he had brothers and sisters the brother I can remember is named Hikurangi and sister Bella Henderson.If u could help please leave a message ty

Posted : 17 September, 2003 2:52 pm
Punaruku OF
(@punaruku-of)

Tuterangiwhiu is the firstborn child of Tuwhakairiora and Ruataupare. He was from Te Araroa. He is also the tekoteko on Porourangi wharenui.

Read;
Te Araroa: an East Coast Community, B. McConnell

Nga kanohi o Rongomaitapui, B. McConnell

Raurunui a Toi Lectures, Sir A. T. Ngata

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02 March, 2004 9:48 am
Chantelle Houkamau OF
(@chantelle-houkamau-of)

Nanny Bella lives in Te Araroa, and i have a friend whos grandmothers brother was Hikurangi.I am from Hicks Bay and live near the Poutu's look in the Gisborne Phone book in the white pages.Sorry i cant give any email addresses couse i don't know any.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01 April, 2004 8:36 am
Waitangi Chesley OF
(@waitangi-chesley-of)

Kia Ora 'outerhere'! My name is Waitangi Chesley, obviously, and i live in Hicks Bay.I am 17 yrs old and i am the youngest of my family. My grandmother was a sister of Hikurangi, and Nanny Bella is still living in a good state in Te Araroa. There are a lot of your whanau that live here in Hicks Bay, both Poutu's and Campbell's. If you wish to know more just write back and i'll tell you, i know a lot of Whakapapa on that side of our whanau. And i just have one question. Is your greatgrandmothers name Hine or Heni? Because my greatgrandmothers name was Heni Poutu. Till next time
Ka kite ano

Edited by - Waitangi Chesley on 4/1/2004 8:52:56 PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01 April, 2004 8:49 am
Waitangi Chesley OF
(@waitangi-chesley-of)

One more thing i forgot to mention, My grand mothers name is Whataakai they also had a brother called Johnny, and one of his sons live in Hicks Bay who is a pricipal at the school, another one of his sons live in Kawerau whos son also lives in Hicks Bay, a lot of Papa Johnny's children have something to do with teaching or education. On the Poutu's side, well one of Heni Poutu's brothers is Pine Poutu. One of his sons was Putu Poutu who married Huitau. Papa Putu is not alive now but nanny Suey(Huitau) is still alive and pumping. Majority of her children live here and so do the majority of her grandchildren. I suggest you to come and stay in Hicks Bay for a couple of days and you will find out A LOT. You will also be able to get all the whakapapa written down on paper and you will be able to find long lost relations. Well i think i have said enough for now. I have a lot to say and a lot of questions to answer. But i will ask my father because he knows all the whakapapa. He even knows all my mothers side. I think my father would be pleased to see you, a long lost relation. His name is Honore by the way in case you want to search or ask for him. He will tell you everything. Ok im definitly finished now.
Bye!!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01 April, 2004 9:12 am
Seeking-Campbell_from_waiwhetu
(@seeking-campbell_from_waiwhetu)

Would you please have any info on Eric's son who is my father's father

Ralph Whatarau Campbell? Born 08/07/1934..Hicks Bay, died 2014 in Hastings - maybe Pakipaki

I know very little about my fathers family and have never met them

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01 May, 2019 11:18 am

I am exactly the same,

My grandfather is:

Ralph Whatarau Campbell, Born 08/07/1934..Hicks Bay, died 2014 in Hastings - maybe Pakipaki, his son George is my father, I've never met either of them and I think my father is deceased but not sure

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04 May, 2019 11:55 pm

I can try find out info about Eric if you like, I think I've got a photo of him somewhere, much like yourself I've never met them and know very little but I've discovered more each day 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04 May, 2019 11:57 pm
Share: