Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

CROSS/JOYCE....NAHI CROSS  

Page 1 / 2
  RSS
Bek_Love OWC
(@bek_love-owc)

If anybody knows about the family Cross/Joyce please let me know!!!

Posted : 24 May, 2005 2:59 am
taimona OWC
(@taimona-owc)

Where abouts in NZ are the Joyce family from?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24 May, 2005 11:03 am
maoriboy7@xtra.co.nz OWC
(@maoriboy7xtra-co-nz-owc)

Kia ora Bek, my great grandmother was a Joyce from Paihia/Opua up north. there is also a connection to the cross (katene) whanau via my grand aunty.

Edited by - maoriboy7@xtra.co.nz on May 24 2005 12:36:53 PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24 May, 2005 12:32 pm
ikaptm OWC
(@ikaptm-owc)

Kia ora Bek

Have you tried Ututaonga (surname) as this whanau has a a major connection to the Cross whanau out of Paihia / Opua. I seem to remember something about the Cross whanau then going down to the South Island possibly Christchurch.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24 May, 2005 11:52 pm
erima OWC
(@erima-owc)

Bek: contact Paeata Clark on clan@paradise.net.nz she knows the Joyce family whakapapa. as my relation maoriboy sez, they are strongly linked to the Cross and Cherrington families.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26 May, 2005 12:05 pm
Bek_Love OWC
(@bek_love-owc)

Kia Ora everyone for your help!!!
Bek

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30 May, 2005 8:08 pm
Barbara OWC
(@barbara-owc)

Kia ora - getting my 2 cents in. In Gisborne we have both the Cross whanau, and the Joyce whanau (Jim Joyce who still resides in Gisborne - you could probably find a lot more information on this whanau in the LDS Genealogical site. And we have a Peter Cross still living here also - he has extensive whakapapa knowledge

Email me and I can give you their contact details if you wish to pursue
BALLOYD_@xtra.co.nz

Kia ora

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30 August, 2005 11:01 am
hohaia2 OWC
(@hohaia2-owc)
Eminent Member

Kia ora Bek,

Te Tatai A Te Whanau O Cross:

Ko Henry Cross ka moe ia a Mere Ngamarama
Ka puta mai a Henare Te Rangi Cross
Ko Henare Te Rangi Cross ka moe ia a Ngapire Te Hinu [he tamahine a Te Kemara]
Ka puta mai a Pirini raua ko Hare
Ko Henare Te Rangi Cross ka moe ia a Kanitana [Connie] Joyce [he wahine hoa tuarua o Henare]
Ka puta mai o nga uri [13 issue]
Email for the rest.

Na Hohaia

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12 September, 2005 1:16 pm
tumu OWC
(@tumu-owc)

ko Whauwhauroa te maunga
ko Waitangi te awa
ko Ngatokimatawhoarua te waka
ko Te Ti te marae
ko Tumu Niko Waiomio taku ingoa
Kia ora .I was brought up in waitangi,my fathers mothers name was Raiha cross& Tom Cross,tom has a son called Finny Cross who lives in Kaikohe who's mother was my kuia Te Pininga.If you want any more information you can contact Emma Gibbs or my oldest brother Hohepa Waiomio(hepa) they both work at the Waitangi Treaty House.
Kia ora

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19 February, 2006 11:49 am
tumu OWC
(@tumu-owc)

kia ora
made a slight mistake in my korero to you.tom was the sister of raiha and my Fathers uncle.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19 February, 2006 11:56 am
Maryanne OWC
(@maryanne-owc)

Hi there,my grandfather's sister Mariata Pinenga Ututaonga married Joeseph Peia Cross and i have more info , also my aunty Isabel ututaonga married Albert joyce and my great great grandmother Te Heipounau married Thomas joyce
Any help?
Maryanne

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16 May, 2006 7:01 pm
HONE PEPE OWC
(@hone-pepe-owc)

Kia ora Bek,
I use to go to school with some of the Joyces in Northland Colledge Kaikohe. A Albie Joyce.I even worked for Bill Joyce when he built a timber mill up past Mangamuka,big whanua that Joyce whanau.I bump into some of them in Manurewa here. Anyway my Question is about Nahi Cross,I knew a Te Naahi Cross who use to drink at the Hunters Corner in Papatoetoe with my Uncles Pere Wihongi,Dick Taore and Old one eye Tom Harris.If you knew this great old kaumatua Then Ill get in touch with one his whanau a Kataraina (nee) Cross.Her first tane was Allan Ashby,ko mate and she maaried a pakeha Fella, Nigel. Just let me know.

noho ora mai

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24 May, 2006 8:19 am
Bella.t OWC
(@bella-t-owc)

Kia ora Bek,
My grandmother was Pane Joyce, her parents were Miriama and Thomas Joyce who lived at Paihia. My mother's name is Maraea. I was told the Joyce brother's were pearl divers who came to New Zealand and settled in Paihia. Thomas Joyce has the mail run in Paihia.

Kia ora Bella Tari (nee Clarke)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23 June, 2006 10:52 pm
maoriboy7@xtra.co.nz OWC
(@maoriboy7xtra-co-nz-owc)

Kia ora Bek, Have details and photos the Joyce whanau from Thomas Joyce the first down. email me if you would like more to know more.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01 July, 2006 7:34 pm
hohaia2 OWC
(@hohaia2-owc)
Eminent Member

Ka mihi ano Lee,

I was quite impressed with what you shared with me on your short visit regarding the Joyce whanau.
I caught up with aunty Ella and uncle Eddie yesterday at Waitangi.
I look forward to your next visit.
Give Anthony my regards.

Heoi oti mo te wa nei...
na Hohaia.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01 July, 2006 10:13 pm
Page 1 / 2
Share: