Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

EDWARDS, Taylor,  

Page 1 / 2
  RSS
poutuedwards
(@poutuedwards)
Eminent Member

Kia ora koutou,
I was wondering if anybody had any information on this man. He is my babies great grandfather, (deceased) lived in Hastings and was married to Adalaide, we are not sure of her surname... possibly Hanita. They had 4+ children that we are aware of, Tuakana, Pop-eye, Sandra and Katie-Rose Kemp. Last we knew the whanau lived in Manuka Street, Hastings.

peaceful regard
Jacqui

Posted : 13 October, 2005 11:13 pm
Aubry OWC
(@aubry-owc)

Kia Ora, I saw your reply Re: Pirihira, I also descend from the Pirihira that Lorrine seeks though we do not know each other. However, I also relate to your Edwards connections, I do know that Family as my father was born in Bridge Pa, Hastings, setttling in Porirua in 1957. How can I help

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20 October, 2005 11:40 pm
poutuedwards
(@poutuedwards)
Eminent Member

Kia ora Aubry,
It is my husband who belongs to the Edwards whanau, we're not sure if they were from Bridge Pa, his name is Sam, his father is Tuakana although I know him as General. It is my husband who seeks any information about his grandfather, Taylor, or his siblings...truly any help would be greatly appreciated.

peaceful regard
Jacqui

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27 October, 2005 2:30 am
Aubry OWC
(@aubry-owc)

Robert William Edwards - born 1808 Eng = Harata Wharehuihui
John William Edwards - born 1853 = Maraea Karetu?
Taylor Edwards - born 1896 died 4 Dec 1979 = Hanita
Taylor Edwards = Adelaide
Tuakana Edwards
Sam Edwards

This branch mainly settled in Te Hauke & Pukehou.

I descend through William Edwards, brother of John. I am the same Generation as Tuakana though I'm pretty sure I'm the same age as Sam, William was born in the 1830's, John was one of the younger siblings.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29 October, 2005 9:10 pm
poutuedwards
(@poutuedwards)
Eminent Member

Kia ora Aubry,
I know this is going to sound a little duh-ish. But you mentioned two Taylors, and two wives. Are these the same people or different generations?
All of this is very exciting news. My husbands just gone out and I cant wait to show him.

peaceful regard
Jacqui

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29 October, 2005 10:39 pm
Aubry OWC
(@aubry-owc)

Two generations of Taylor Edwards, plus "Popeye"
Tuakana's bro? and his son Taylor.

Taylor b 1896
Issue

Marge
Sandra
Taylor Jnr

NB: I did not know the wife of Taylor Jnr, but added adelaide from your info.

This family did live in Manuka Street, hastings, and were known to our family.

The various Edwards whanau managed shearing gangs throughout the Hawkes Bay & Wairarapa.

Harata Wharehuihui was also known as Puma and came from Porangahau near Waipuk. She and Robert, known as William Edwards (Whaler) were md by Rev.Wm Colenso in 1849 already having 5 children. According to my info, John was the 1st born, after his parents were married according to European custom.

Would appreciate your Family so I can add to what I have.

Most of my branch still live in Bridge Pa, another is in Wairoa,again another in Horohoro ? near Rotorua, and also a branch in Ratana, Wanganui.

I have not found a Edwards connection to the Kawhia/Taranaki lot though I do relate to them on my mothers side.

John Edwards received a NZ War medal for serving with the NZ Native contingent during the 1860's as did his brother Rueben.

Please make contact with me offline with any further info so I can absorb, peruse, and send on to my family via our own network that we have running, which they feel more confident in using.

My father Peter passed away in July this year and now I am on a mission to complete his whakapapa for the next generations.

Arohanui

Akona te mahi pai

Aubry

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30 October, 2005 1:35 am
poutuedwards
(@poutuedwards)
Eminent Member

Kia ora Aubry,
I never actually got to meet pop-eye, but have met both of his wahine, and have photos of is youngest two tamariki who are still of school age. I have met young Taylor who is a very accomplished musician as was his Dad.

peaceful regard
Jacqui

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30 October, 2005 2:12 am
huiabird OWC
(@huiabird-owc)

Kia ora Aubry
I'm the eldest great-grand mokopuna to
Tamera Te Huia (nee-Edwards) of kawhia.
I don't know anything about my great-grandmother side.
I appreciate reading your posts, hope we are connected somewhere.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30 October, 2005 6:15 pm
Aubry OWC
(@aubry-owc)

Kia Ora

Are you from the Taharoa whanau.If you can give a brief lineage on Private email, I can check my data and get back to you either on open forum or Private.

I also relate to the Te Huia clan, and went to school with Graham Te Huia in the 70's. Also relate to the Paki/Edwards line as well.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31 October, 2005 8:37 pm
poutuedwards
(@poutuedwards)
Eminent Member

Kia ora
I went to school with Stacey Te Huia in the early 80's in Christchurch many moons ago. She would be in her mid thirties by now. Sorry I am not sure of her lineage.

peaceful regard
Jacqui

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13 November, 2005 10:43 pm
material OWC
(@material-owc)

tena koe,
i am a Edwards to, hence why i am looking at your page.
jus simply cause i know Adelaide and the whanau from Manuka street.
good to see others on this website.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20 January, 2006 12:50 am
poutuedwards
(@poutuedwards)
Eminent Member

Kia ora Material
Good to see new members, welcome.

peaceful regard
Jacqui

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20 January, 2006 8:52 pm
material OWC
(@material-owc)

tena koe Jax,
i've seen Karaka on my branch somewhere.
will have a look tonight (softball shortly).
how is the whakapapa to the Edwards above coming along.

keren

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21 January, 2006 11:50 am
poutuedwards
(@poutuedwards)
Eminent Member

Kia ora Material,
I know of 'Karaka'/Clarke in Ngati Porou whakapapa, Te Arawa, Ngapuhi Ngati Whatua and Tainui. I have found links to these whanau through various tipuna. Our search of the Edwards Line has come along great, our realisation was of whangai here and there which made everything a whole lot easier to read aye. We're loving it.

peaceful regard
Jacqui

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21 January, 2006 12:01 pm
arohaa OWC
(@arohaa-owc)

HI Jacqueline.
I was wondering if you would be able to help me. I am a relative of your partner Sam through the Pomana whanau. His Aunty Caroline sent me some info back before she passed away and I was just going through updating things. I have a big "Tree" for our Gt Gt Koro Hori Pomana... if yu are interested drop me a line... arohaa@ihug.co.nz and I will email it to you.... then if you guys would like to add any info to it you can let me know. Hope you will answer this email.
Aroha Allen
Foxton

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03 November, 2007 5:40 pm
Page 1 / 2
Share: