Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

HIKITAPUA  

RSS
matiria OWC
(@matiria-owc)

unsure of first name. my mother was ngawhira waititi (nee) august, she also spoke that name but i cant remember the connection. I believe the name comes from Ngati Porou.Hope someone can help.
cheers

Posted : 02 October, 2005 10:37 am
Kina
 Kina
(@kina)
Eminent Member

Ngawhira Renata TeAhu Hikitapua,born 1869 Waipiro Died 1910,Father Aporo Hikitapua,Mother Mere ngawaka Pokai, Husband Harawira August.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02 October, 2005 12:52 pm
matiria OWC
(@matiria-owc)

nga mihi nui ki a koe mo nga korero e pa ana ki a Ngawhira Hikitapua.I know now she is my great grandmother and our links into ngati porou. She is also my mums namesake.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02 October, 2005 3:46 pm
Kina
 Kina
(@kina)
Eminent Member

Harawira August,Born 25/09/1925, Father Akuhata Rewiti Mother Maraea or Te Irihaere.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02 October, 2005 4:00 pm
matiria OWC
(@matiria-owc)

this is all very cool we grew up not knowing our August or Hikitapua would you know how many children Harawira and Ngawhira had? and are we whanau?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02 October, 2005 4:10 pm
paddy OWC
(@paddy-owc)

Kia Ora Matiria
Contact Nancy Nee Hikitapua at Ngati Porou Hospital
Ph 06 8646 806. Nancy lives at Waipiro Bay. she is a nurse, and is the same family as you.
Frances

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24 August, 2006 10:07 pm
paddy OWC
(@paddy-owc)

Matiria
Ngati Porou Hospital Ph No is 06 8646 803
Sorry about that
Frances

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25 August, 2006 10:29 am
MaraeaH
(@maraeah)

Mere Ngawaka Pokai - I descend from Mita Pokai II who I have read somewhere (???  Can't remember where) is her brother.  Are you able to confirm this?  Thanks

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10 April, 2019 1:00 am
Share: