Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

KOIA, KATAE, NGERENGERE, WI REPA, TANGIRA WHANAU  

Page 1 / 2
  RSS
hearty nati OWC
(@hearty-nati-owc)
Eminent Member

Tena Koutou nga uri o Porourangi

If anyone has any information about these whanau, could they please get into contact with me please?

My mother's maternal grandfather was Matahaere Koia from Tikitiki and he had my grandmother (Ema Koia) with Merengaika Tangira, who had ties to the Ngerengere, Wi Repa whanau. My grandmother then married Whakataha Katae, whose mother was Whakaara Rangihuna and father was Bus Katae.

What I would like to know if anyone out there knows or has ties to these whanau, as I am very confused about who is from where and all that.

Tena Koutou Katoa

Posted : 12 September, 2005 3:31 pm
poutuedwards
(@poutuedwards)
Eminent Member

Kia ora hearty nati,
I dont have much knowledge of your whanau connections, but for the Tangira whanau of Te Kaha and the Rangihuna whanau of Hicks Bay/ Te Araroa, but I can ask my family if you'd like.

peaceful regard
Jacqui

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30 September, 2005 2:51 am
hearty nati OWC
(@hearty-nati-owc)
Eminent Member

Tena koe Jax

Katahi ano nei ahau ka whakahuaki taku rorohiko no reira aroha mai. I ohorere ahau no te mea kua roa nei tenei tono e noho tarewa ana!

Very pleased to see that someone has posted something! Yes, it would be very helpful if you could patai atu to some of your whanaunga!!

Thanx alot

P.S. No hea koe kare??

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05 October, 2005 10:07 pm
NAX OWC
(@nax-owc)

TENA KOE NGATI POROU,
E AI KII TE KOORERO O TOOKU KUIA AROHA KIA KOE ME KAHA TONU KOE KI TE KIMI TO WHAKAPAPA KAI OU HE KOORERO MOHAU E PA ANA KI TOO KUIA ARA A "EMA KOIA".KAI TOOKU TAHA TOOKU KUIA HE URI NANA KO TO KUIA HE TUAHINE? KIA "TE HUATAHI RAUHUIA NGERENGERE" MENA AI TO UTU ME KII PENEI AWAU KAI TOKOMARU TETAHI O KUIA E ORA ANA KO TONA INGOA KO "KUINI MOANA" (NEE-NGERENGERE) MENA HIAHIA KOE TE TUKU KARERE ME TUKUA MAI NO REIRA NGA MIHI MO TOU MAHI WHAKAPAPA
MA TE ATUA TAATOU HAI MANAAKI

NAAKU NOA

DAVINIA

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03 January, 2006 5:34 pm
mwah_2u OWC
(@mwah_2u-owc)

Kia Ora

Just wanted to let you know that my Partner is a NgereNgere from Tokomaru Bay (Waima) but his Papa was from TikiTiki his name was Te Rauhuia (Dags) Huatahi NgereNgere and my partner carries the same name I will show your korero to him and we will get back to you

Kia Ora
mwah

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12 June, 2006 4:57 pm
maaorilandgurl OWC
(@maaorilandgurl-owc)

TextText

Kia Ora Hearty Nati,

I am currently engaged to a Wirepa (Wi Repa)my Fiances G/Father was raised in Te Kaha, where he then moved to the King Country PioPio,Arapae, were he married and had children my fiances fathers brothers & sisters.His G/Parents are buried in Rangiriri Pa mainhighway 1 Rangiriri Waikato. Presently the Wirepa Whanau live in Auckland but a very close knit whanau. Im gonna ask the older Untys & Uncles...

Future Wirepa.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12 June, 2006 6:34 pm
ngakoata OWC
(@ngakoata-owc)

The Wirepa whanau is from Hicks Bay, Doc Wirepa he is an Accountant working in Tauranga, I am sorry I cannot tell you which firm he works from now, his brother is Rongo Wirepa, you may be able to contact Rongo thru Te Aute College as they still continue to support the college. To find out more. Sorry I cannot help you any more as I live in Perth and my father has now passed away and he would have know how to contact them.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12 June, 2006 6:50 pm
koroz-lil-angel2006 OWC
(@koroz-lil-angel2006-owc)

Kia Ora Te Rauhuia "Dags" Ngerengere is my grand father. My mum was is his daughter her name is Molly. She now lives in Hastings

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30 January, 2008 12:43 pm
bpw1
 bpw1
(@bpw1)

quote:

My mother's maternal grandfather was Matahaere Koia from Tikitiki and he had my grandmother (Ema Koia) with Merengaika Tangira, who had ties to the Ngerengere, Wi Repa whanau. My grandmother then married Whakataha Katae, whose mother was Whakaara Rangihuna and father was Bus Katae.

I think everyone in Gizzy knew Buster Katae, he died 14 yrs ago, and as far as I know, they took him back to Tokomaru Bay to be buried, or Tikitiki, I can't remember. He was a very well off man in terms of land, money and what not, but spent most of his life living out on the streets of Gisborne, I believe a good thirty yrs. I heard he was also a police informant on the streets but not too sure. Anyone who use to live in Gizzy around my age or older would remember him, a bit of a folk legend in his time. He's probably best remembered for the time he found a whole bag of stolen money, I think it was in the thousands, of which he gave the whole lot over to the cops. You can probably tell he wasn't a very materialistic person, although very eccentric.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04 February, 2008 6:23 pm
PopEE OWC
(@popee-owc)

Kia Ora Hearty Nati,
My wife is a Koia - June, her father was Matenga (Tikitiki), I believe that they had a large family (19). Some of her uncles & aunts include, Rua I believe the eldest, Kuini, Riripiti to name a couple.

Will watch this space(from oz)with interest as my wife is certainly keen to know more details concerning the whanau.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05 February, 2008 3:22 pm
Te Paetahi OWC
(@te-paetahi-owc)

quote:

If anyone has any information about these whanau, could they please get into contact with me please?

What I would like to know if anyone out there knows or has ties to these whanau, as I am very confused about who is from where and all that.

Tena Koutou Katoa

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08 February, 2008 1:16 pm
Te Paetahi OWC
(@te-paetahi-owc)

quote:

Tena Koutou Katoa

Tena ano
The whakapapa I posted you for Te Whanau a Kahurautao hapu of Te Whanau a Apanui will provide you as full a response on the WiRepa whanau as you'll get for the moment. The additional material I sent you separately on the Tangira whanau should provide you with a start on that side which is from Te Whanau a Maruhaeremuri hapu.
Tangira Pohoi Te Otatu married Hariata WiRepa and gave rise to the Tangira whanau.
Dr Tutere WiRepa settled in Hicks Bay and it his mokopuna who are referred to in one of you replies.
Tuhitaare WiRepa married Rangikohere Parekowhai from Te Aitanga a Mahaki and had George WiRepa who married Margaret Kearns and it is their whanau who are found in Aria and Waikato.
Hariata, Tutere and Tuhitaare were sister and brothers to my grandmother Ewa.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08 February, 2008 1:34 pm
Riki Katae OWC
(@riki-katae-owc)

quote:

Tena Koutou Katoa

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12 February, 2008 11:26 am
Riki Katae OWC
(@riki-katae-owc)

my name is riki tamarangi whakataha katae i had a grand father whakataha whom i am named after although he died before i was born have little knowledge but am keen to learn more[quote]

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12 February, 2008 11:29 am
mhoeta OWC
(@mhoeta-owc)

Kia ora Te Paetahi
This is my first post.
My Name is Tuwaerokura Hoeta, my mother was Mabel Ngawai Hoeta, her mother was Rangikohera(e) Parekowhai Martin, she was married to John Lowry, my mum was an only child, but she had 1/2 brothers, George Wirepa, Charlie Campbell, and John Dixon this one I'm a bit vague on. He still has a daughter in Aucks, my cousin Ramai (Rosie). I was very excited to read your posting as I have no information on Parekowhai, I think she had 3 sisters, Irehapete, Pohaere, and Kaweanna. They were connected to the Otewa Pa, I have a photo of them, taken there apparently. I'm keen to hear anything further you might have to add.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09 March, 2008 9:46 pm
Page 1 / 2
Share: