Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

SMITH, TUHI Possibly from WAIROA  

Page 2 / 2 Prev
  RSS
Nani OWC
(@nani-owc)
Eminent Member

Kia ora anō mikayla, I meant to add, the Smith's also belong to Rongohaere. I have the contact number of a Smith who may be able to help you.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23 March, 2007 9:02 pm
O-Mikayla-O OWC
(@o-mikayla-o-owc)

Hey there, Yes this information may be of some help to the taewa family and i will let them know of this.....
It would be great to know of the contact of this smith because I would more than likely get in touch with this person. I am aware or the Rongohaere connection to the Taewas but did not know that the Smith were from there also.

Thanks

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31 March, 2007 10:33 am
manaia
(@manaia)

Kia-ora, I am now married but my maiden name is Smith. My papas name is Joseph Biddle Smith (Hogan)and his whanau came from the Nuhaka area. I dont know alot about his whanau so maybe we're not even talking about the same but my dad and all his siblings live in Matawai just out of Gisborne. If u want I can contact my dad and get him to look your whanau up in our whakapapa records. And maybe you can help me!

Kia-ora,
Na Manaia

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27 April, 2007 3:45 am
peachy.mc OWC
(@peachy-mc-owc)

Tena tatou, I was at TeAute with a Tuhi Smith from Kaiti, in Gisborne, and also a Jude Taewa from Papakura(?). Last I heard Tuhi is still in Gizzy. As for Jude I am not too sure, However, Jude's mother also had something to do with Queen Victoria back in the late 80s - if that will jog any memories!

No reira,
Dooitz!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27 April, 2007 5:01 am
O-Mikayla-O OWC
(@o-mikayla-o-owc)

Hi There Manaia,
Just to reply to your post it would be of great help to me if you did so but if there is any way i can help, i will be sure to do so!

Thanks

Edited by - O-Mikayla-O on Apr 27 2007 9:22:20 PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27 April, 2007 9:21 am
O-Mikayla-O OWC
(@o-mikayla-o-owc)

Hey there Peachy,

Thankyou for that information because i think the tuhi smith you are talking about maybe the son of the great grandfather i am looking for. The son is someone who i had no idea about and would have really liked to have met. Would you be able to tell me the year vthat you and Tuhi Smith were at Te Aute because that will also help in my search. As for Jude Taewa i know of him and he was from turangi. He is living in Palmerston North. But I had asked another sibling of Jude taewa's and he said that he was not sure of anything to do with queen victoria.
However he did live in Aukland. Thankyou for help,

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27 April, 2007 10:02 am
claychick OWC
(@claychick-owc)

kia ora koutou,
I happen to work and live in Nuhaka, and I know that there is a Smith reunion around Christmas 07. I can find out more about the tipuna etc.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30 April, 2007 8:23 am
tutu OWC
(@tutu-owc)

Kia ora Claychick,

The reunion you are talking of is for the descendants of Pita and Emma Hallet Ellis Smith.
Being held on the 27th of December. I don't think there is a connection with this line. Pita was a son of Johan Schmidt and his wife Tauarai. There are two families of Smiths in Nuhaka, most people know that if they are from the "German" line then they are descended from Johan Schmidt - also known as Mete, Smith or Haki Mete.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30 April, 2007 9:33 pm
claychick OWC
(@claychick-owc)

Tena koe tutu,
I don't suppose you happen to know anything about the Mita or Mihingare whanau?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01 May, 2007 4:51 am
O-Mikayla-O OWC
(@o-mikayla-o-owc)

Hey there,
I am the only one in my family to have any interset in wanting to know about Tuhi and my smith connection to the smiths. I am seventeen and do not have any information on any other members of his family. Anything i know is what has been told to me through this site.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06 June, 2007 10:45 am
NgatiKahungunu OWC
(@ngatikahungunu-owc)

Hello
Ummm Can Someone Please Put More Information On Here About Cleo Smith And His Connections. Including The Battalion That Most Of Them Were In Because I Didn't Reallt Know My Papa That Much And I'd Like To Research On Him And His Roots.

Thankyou!

Staci Smith

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28 January, 2008 10:22 pm
rtaitua OWC
(@rtaitua-owc)

quote:

Hey there, Yes this information may be of some help to the taewa family and i will let them know of this.....
It would be great to know of the contact of this smith because I would more than likely get in touch with this person. I am aware or the Rongohaere connection to the Taewas but did not know that the Smith were from there also.

Thanks

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13 February, 2008 9:37 pm
rtaitua OWC
(@rtaitua-owc)

kia ora
Ko Rehu Taitua nee Taewa
Ko Hikurangi te maunga
ko Waiapu te awa
Ngatiporou te iwi
Its been interesting reading about some of my Taewa relations.Iwas born and raised in a little place called Makarika Rongohaere being my marae my dad was Pinto Pete Taewa or Pito as he was sometimes known my mother was Tangiwai of the Huriwai whanau of Tikitiki We still have our family home there in Makarika my sister Nikki and her tane living at the moment anyway to get back to de whakapapa My nanny Piriote Te Owai married a Taewa (Pine) so begining da whanau notice da name Te Owai who belong to Rongohaere.
My dads bros an sis Mangaone, Heni,Whakauangi,Rangi,Sophie,Hiimi,Tom,Jury,Mae,Pito,Teo tera pea wareware e au etahi ingoa aroha mai
Naaku naa Rehu

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13 February, 2008 10:00 pm
O-Mikayla-O OWC
(@o-mikayla-o-owc)

Hi there have you made any further discoveries on the smith whanau and their whakapapa? Mikayla

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07 April, 2019 8:39 pm
O-Mikayla-O OWC
(@o-mikayla-o-owc)

Manaia, please get in contact with me if you are still active. Would you be talking about papa joe who worked in childcare. I tried to make contact woth him but no reply. Thanks

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07 April, 2019 8:43 pm
Page 2 / 2 Prev
Share: