Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

TUWHA RIMUNUI  

RSS
Turner
(@turner-owc)

Looking for any information on my GrandFather Tuwha Rimunui, as with Maori names and generations - my father took on the Surname of Tuwha.
I do not have any information on my grandfather, other than he was of Ngati Maniapoto descent and from Waikato and Auckland.
He was a Ratana Minister.

Posted : 17 April, 2005 9:20 pm
poutokomanawa
(@poutokomanawa)
Trusted Member

Tena koe Turner,

If you make sure you are in the Whakapapa Club and click on full search, then put the name Rimunui in, you will find a listing in the People Directory for that surname - maybe you could contact them.

Good luck and let us know how you get on

Nau te raurau,
Naku te raurau,
Ka ora ai nga tangata!
--------------------------------
Together we will get there!
--------------------------------

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19 April, 2005 1:25 am
Oriwia OWC
(@oriwia-owc)

Kia Ora Turner,
My Grand Father was Reomutunga Tuwha Rimunui, and his father lived at the Paa in Wanganui. Which would be my Great-Grandfather. My Grandfathers Brother Henry Tuwha still lives in Wanganui, i don't know if this information helps you at all. But if you like you can email me: o_rauwhero@hotmail.com

Noho Ora Mai
Oriwia

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17 August, 2007 6:57 pm
Share: