Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information. You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.
Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.
If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.
Te Tihi ( Northland Hokianga)
i am looking for any information to Tupuna Te Tihi of the Hokianga area,
I know he had a Pa in Lower Waihou, that this Pa was attacked and many fell.
1. he was killed there by Hongi hika and an eye was removed and eaten by him.
2. An alternative story found states he escaped to a neighboring Pa and took refuge with whanau,
3. two sons Hone Matarauhi and Hamahona, There may be other children?
4. there is a connection by whakapapa to Kaipara, I have this line.
but im aware that he is kin to Tamati Waka Nene whose tuakana brother is Patuone, it is this lineage and link that i am looking to find?
5. i would love to know where he was Buried? as WE would love to pay our respects
I am reaching out to you all, to ask for your help in tracing this line or any information that will lead me back to his Marae, Place of Birth, info on his wife and or child Hone Matarauhi.
Much Love and Respect! Na My Whanau
Here is a google URL for search results - there seems to be interesting info in there, but you would know better than I 🙂
Nau te raurau,
Naku te raurau,
Ka ora ai nga tangata!
Together we will get there!